4th November 2015, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do special honours course after completion of graduation in B.Sc course?

I passed graduation in b.sc pure including mathematics,physics and economics.
Can i do special honours in mathematics?? Am I eligible to do special honours course after completion of graduation in B.Sc course? What should be the next steps on those points?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do post graduation course in mass communication after completion of graduation in English honours?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for manager test after completion of graduation in Bank? -- [New]
  3. What should we do in future after completion of graduation in B.Com Honours?
  4. What are the special courses after BSc Nursing?
  5. Can I study Special Honours in Geography from Calcutta University after completing Graduation?
  6. Is it possible to do Statistics Honours directly after 10th?
  7. For which PG degree am I eligible after passing BSc from DU? Can I do Honors course after BSc or BSc Physics Science?
  8. Am I eligible to do M.Sc with honours after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  9. What is the eligibility for B.Sc Honours in Chemistry?
  10. What is the scope and placement available after completion of B.Com Honours course?
  11. Am I eligible for applying IFS exam if I have completed B.Sc honours graduation?
  12. information regarding BSc Honors in Chemistry?
  13. Job Opportunities after completion of Graduation with B.Sc in Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  15. What is the job scope if I study electronics honors in BSc? Will I be eligible to appear in GATE examination after completing raduation with electronics honors and Msc in electronics?
  16. Am I eligible to do MBA course after completion of BA Economics?
  17. Can I take M.Com course after completion of graduation course in BA with 65% marks?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO exam if secured 43.25% in B.Com and completed ICSI?
16th November 2015, 11:56 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to do special honours course after completion of graduation in B.Sc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i do special honours in mathematics?? Am I eligible to do special honours course after completion of graduation in B.Sc course? What should be the next steps on those points?
Yes, you can apply for M.Sc in Mathematics Hons after completing B.Sc. Applicants should have recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics as a course at 10 + 2 level or at graduate level and must have obtained at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST category) at the qualifying examination.

Selection will be made on the basis of Graduation and the entrance exam conducted by the university. The admissions are strictly done on basis of merit and seats available at respective university.
26th July 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do special honours course after completion of graduation in B.Sc course?

Respected sir.
i have done graduation in commerce from west bengal state university 2012 but my hons got cancelled in the 3rd year with 36.74 % will i be able take special honours in accounting or auditing from calcutta university. what are the suggestions for this
26th July 2016, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE B.COM GRADUATION FROM WEST BENGAL STATE UNIVERSITY IN 2012 BUT MY HONOURS GOT CANCALLED IN 3RD YEAR RESULTS WILL I BE ABLE TO TAKE SPECIAL HONOURS IN CALCUTTA UNIV
24th July 2017, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.Sc (3 years) pass graduate with Bot,Zoo &chem from CU.How can I do my M.Sc ? Will I have to do SPL honours first for pursuing PG.Kindly guide
27th July 2017, 11:28 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the hons. course after B.SC math's.Candidate as you have passed B.SC Mathematics,Physics,Economics and want to do further study in honor Mathematics then the best option for you is M.SC honor in Mathematics.

>> In M.SC mathematics(Master of Science Honours in Mathematics) student trained to area of Advance mathematics,Mathematical tools and applications to the real time problem in mathematics in which candidate must have go through Advance abstract,Algebra,Real analysis,Topology,Differential equation,Differential geometry,Advanced discrete math's,etc.

>> Eligibility for this course is B.SC mathematics in govt. recognized university or institute.

>> M.SC mathematics Hons. course is a post graduate course and duration of course is 2 years which is divided into 4 semesters.

SEMESTER WISE SYLLABUS FOR M.SC HONS.:-

SEMESTER I:-

> Computer fundamentals and MS office.

> Algebra.

> Calculus.

> Solid geometry.

> Discrete mathematics I.

SEMESTER II:-

> Programming in visual basic.

> Discrete mathematics II.

> Vector calculus.

> Ordinary differential equation.

> Number theory and trigonometry.

SEMESTER III:-

> Hydrostatics.

> Sequence and series.

> Data structure using C language.

> Elementary interface.

> Special function and integral transforms.

SEMESTER IV:-

> Groups and rings.

> Numerical analysis.

> Integral equations.

> Method of applied mathematics.

> Real analysis.

SO candidate want to do M.SC math's have go through these subjects in 2 year course.

Good luck,
15th October 2017, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.A general course from CU with English, political science and history.I'm confused like what should I do further! Should I go for a special honours course from any distance university or should I go for M.A ?
15th November 2017, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do special honours course after completion of graduation in B.Sc course?
(Zoology, botany, chemistry)
18th March 2018, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.A in 2013 from West Bengal State University.So,am I eligible to do special honours course in English?
18th March 2018, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.A in 2013 from West Bengal State University,so am I eligible to do special honours course in English?
3rd July 2018, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

I have passed graduation in Geography, philosophy, education. Can I do special honours in Geography??am I eligible to do special honours course? What should be next stop of this point? From which center I can do? please tell me.
3rd July 2018, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

I passed graduation in Geography,philosophy,education.can I do special honours in Geography??Am I eligible to do special honours course in Geography? what should be next stop of this point?
25th July 2018, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.SC general student and have passed out this year. My subject combination was Geography ,Economic and Political Science. I have scored 47%in Geography,hence, I want to know whether I am eligible for special honours in Geography.
7th September 2018, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in Commerce From IGNOU. NOW am I eligible to study Special honours degree in English From Calcutta University....?
13th October 2018, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing bsc general from ignou. Presently in second year. My age is only 21. I want to do msc in mathematics from regular college
Can i eligible for this? And if I'm eligible for this then what should i do for it how and where to apply?
26th May 2019, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have passed B.Sc. gen. from Calcutta University with Phy, Chem,Maths. Now from which University and college can I do special honours in physics/chemistry. I live at Behala. Please say me. Thank you.
4th July 2019, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my special honours B.A.Part1 exam in English in the year 2000...Am I eligible to sit for the part 2 exam of the same in the current year ? If not , how ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?