17th November 2015, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for government jobs after having 70% in graduation but with a year back?

Sir I got a year back in my graduation and in graduation I got 70% marks. Am I eligible for government jobs??? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible for Bank PO or Government job with a arrear subject in Graduation course?
  3. What is the education mark percentage required for getting the government jobs?
  4. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in CSE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for?
  5. What type of government exam I can apply for after completion of B.Com Graduation?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for any government job before 20years of age even before I completed my graduation?
  7. Am I eligible for Government Jobs being a candidate having secured 66% in Graduation in B.Sc?
  8. List of government jobs in which I am eligible after scoring 55% in graduation?
  9. Am I eligible for government job with 48% marks in graduation?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of 12th with 52% marks?
  11. What are the job opportunities after passing 12th? I have scored 73% marks
  12. Am I eligible to get government jobs in Maharashtra if completed Graduation and MBA from Rajasthan?
  13. Am I eligible for government job having 42% in graduation?
  14. Am I eligible to get a government job after passing under graduation?
  15. Can I get a Government job like IAS when am just 16 years old?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Government Jobs as Bank POs and Clerks having scored 55% in 10th, 66% in Intermediate and 47% in Graduation being a candidate from BC-E category?
  17. Am I eligible for government job after completing graduation in computer science with 50% marks?
  18. What are the government jobs after completing graduation in B.E Mechanical
18th November 2015, 10:15 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for government jobs after having 70% in graduation but with a year back?

What matters for most of the government job is your present state of academic qualification. If you have no pending backlogs or year back at present and bachelor's degree with 70% marks from a recognized university, you are eligible for most of the government jobs exams.

You must also satisfy the age limits. You can apply for the exams like:

1. Civil Services exam.

2. Banking Entrance exams like IBPS Common written exam.

3. Combined Defence exam.

4. Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.
18th November 2015, 10:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government jobs after having 70% in graduation but with a year back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I got a year back in my graduation and in graduation I got 70% marks. Am I eligible for government jobs??? Please let me know as soon as possible.
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for government sector jobs like banking.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Books for bank exam:-

The Complete Success Package How to Prepare for Bank PO Exams
by Anju Agarwal, SC Gupta, Jaikishan
Publisher: Arihant

Solved Paper Bank P O Probationary Officer's Exam (Including 20 Sets)
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Bank I.T. Officers: Common Written Exam Guide (CWE)
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

IBPS Bank Clerk Success Master Common Written Examination
by Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publishing India Ltd

IBPS (CWE) Probationary Officers
Publisher: Unique Publishers

IBPS (CWE) Clerical Cadre
Publisher: Unique Publishers

Banking Interviews: The Complete Book for IBPS Bank PO & Clerk Examination
by Gautam Majumdar
Publisher: Arihant
19th November 2015, 10:15 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have a degree in your hands from a recognized university in the end, then your year back will not create any issues. You will be definitely eligible for government jobs. You can apply for government jobs according to your qualification.

Therefore, don't worry about your year back and be prepared for government job exams. Selection will be purely based on merit.
19th November 2015, 10:51 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for the Government jobs after the completion of your Graduation.
All you need to do is that you should apply for the NET/SET entrance examinations qualifying which you will be able to get Government jobs.
19th November 2015, 11:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Government job even after having 1 year gap in your academics. The minimum educational qualification actually required is "Pass in Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor degree from a state or central recognized university. So, it doesn't matter even if there is a year gap during your academics. Basically there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in Government Job recruitment exams. Make sure you successfully meet the age criteria required for that concerned government job. If you perfectly meet the educational qualification and age criteria, then you do not need to worry about the eligibility criteria. So I can say that you are eligible to apply for Government jobs and be concerned more about the selection process and pattern of the recruitment examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?