10th February 2016, 06:47 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to study B.Ed course with 44.9% marks in graduation?

Dear sir,

I have scored just 44.9% in graduation course. Now i am interested in study B.Ed course. So i want to study if i can study B.ed with this scorecard in graduation. Please reply me.

10th February 2016, 11:20 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to study B.Ed course with 44.9% marks in graduation?

It will be difficult to get admission for B.Ed. with 44.9% marks in graduation.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor's of Education. B.Ed is an undergraduate academic degree which qualifies the graduate as a teacher in schools.

The qualification required for B.Ed. course is Graduation degree with 50% marks in any stream from a recognized University.

There is no restriction on upper age limit and time of attempts for pursuing this degree .
10th February 2016, 12:02 PM
kantraman

Actually most of universities conduct entrance exam for B.Ed admission so the minimum qualification for B.Ed course is graduation in any stream with minimum of 50% marks for general category and 45% for sc/st/obc.But their are few universities where you can get direct admission with 40% marks like kashmir university and many other universities.
10th February 2016, 01:28 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue B.Ed are as under:-

Candidate must have completed their graduation with at least 50% of marks from a recognized university.

Candidate age should not be less than 21 years. Upper age limit is not described yet.

Candidates which comes under reserved category get 5% relaxation.
10th February 2016, 02:30 PM
ranu shahi

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must be a holder of bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation.

Candidates under reserved category get 5% relaxation.

Candidate age should not be less than 21 years.
10th February 2016, 02:58 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue Bachelor of education (B.Ed) course being secured 44.9% marks in graduation.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue B.Ed course is that the candidate msut have passed graduation with atleast 50% marks from a recognized university.

If you are passionate about teaching, then pursue Masters degree course and secure above 50%. Then you are eligible to apply for B.Ed course on the basis of masters degree qualification.
10th February 2016, 03:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, your are not eligible for the course as your marks are not adequate to allow you to pursue B.Ed. You should have scored a minimum of 55% in your graduation in order to be eligible for the course. In your case you have scored far below the minimum requirement, therefore, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the course.
10th February 2016, 03:03 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

If you do belong to OBC or SC/ST category of students, only then are you eligible to pursue the course as in both the above mentioned cases, some relaxation is provided. Otherwise, if you are from general category then I am sorry to say to say that you are not eligible for the course as your marks are not adequate.
10th February 2016, 03:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

I am very to say that you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course after securing just 44.9% marks in Graduation. Yes, you are not eligible as you have not met the required eligibility criteria. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing B.Ed course is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks (for General or Unreserved Candidates and OBC ) Candidates and minimum 45% marks (for SC/ ST/ Other reserved categories). As you have not secured minimum 50% marks in Graduation, I suggest you to go for other Post Graduate Courses after Graduation other than B.Ed course.
10th February 2016, 04:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the universities will ask for at least 50% marks in graduation for B.Ed admission in India. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Therefore, it will be very difficult to to get admission in B.Ed with the marks you have got which doesn't fulfill the eligibility criteria of most universities.
10th February 2016, 05:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. The eligibility criteria for this course is that candidate must have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates pursuing final year of bachelor's degree are also eligible for B.Ed course.

The percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree to be eligible for B.Ed course is 50%. You have only 44.9% marks in bachelor's degree, so there is no chance for you to pursue this course. In other words, you are not eligible for B.Ed course.
10th February 2016, 05:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,

I have scored just 44.9% in graduation course. Now i am interested in study B.Ed course. So i want to study if i can study B.ed with this scorecard in graduation. Please reply me.
Your graduation marks is 44.9% so you are not eligible for B.Ed course.

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed ) is one year Teaching professional course which is divided into two semester.

Bachelor's Degree in any subject with atleast 50% marks at graduate level or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.
10th February 2016, 06:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education:

1. Candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university.

2. Minimum percentage of marks required to appear for this exam is 50% in graduation.

You are not eligible for B.Ed course with only 44.9% marks.
10th February 2016, 09:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course.

To get admission in the course, candidate have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by different university.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recongised university with minimum 50%.

So, you cannot appear for examination and so not eligible to get the admission in the course.
10th February 2016, 11:42 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Dear sir,

Sorry, it is not possible to study B.Ed with 44.9% marks. The eligibility to study B.Ed in most of the colleges is passing in graduation degree with 50% marks. There will be an entrance examination for the admission. Only at Pune University the eligibility to study the B.Ed course is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree from a recognized university, with at least 45% marks. In your case it is not possible to study B.Ed with less than 45% marks.
11th February 2016, 02:51 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible to study the course of B.Ed with your graduation scorecard.
To study the course of B.Ed you need to be a graduate and once you have fulfilled that criteria the marks obtained does not matter.
So you are eligible for the course of B.Ed with this scorecard.
11th February 2016, 09:31 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear sir,

Normally, the minimum marks required for B.Ed through regular mode differ from college to college. It is based on the B.Ed Institutions which your interested to get admission. However, most of the B.Ed college demand at least 50% of marks at Graduation. Those who score above 50% of marks at Graduation can get B.Ed admission without any difficulties. Since, you have scored 44.9 percentage of marks at Graduation level which is not accepted by the most of the B.Ed college. You can get B.Ed admission through Management quota or distance mode. Selection is either through entrance exam or percentage of marks obtained in the Graduation. The admission session usually begins from the month of June/July.
15th March 2016, 10:53 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

It will be difficult to get admission for B.Ed. with 44.9% marks in graduation.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor's of Education. B.Ed is an undergraduate academic degree which qualifies the graduate as a teacher in schools.

The qualification required for B.Ed. course is Graduation degree with 50% marks in any stream from a recognized University.

There is no restriction on upper age limit and time of attempts for pursuing this degree .
24th April 2017, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am Priya. I am from Tamilnadu. I did 5 integrated M.Sc degree after 12th standard. Am I eligible for to study B.ed. Is that has a value. Most of them told after I. Msc is not eligible for B.ed. After that you can't write any government PGTRB ,TNTET and CTET exams.
I am totally confused sir/madam. Pls I've some suggestions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?