18th March 2015, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics if studying 12th Commerce with Maths?

Sir,
I am studying in 12th Commerce with Maths.
I want to do Mathematics in Graduation.
So, I am eligible for studying Mathematics
in Bachelor's Degree?
Please tell me sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  2. Any PG degree in Maths related to BSc, B.Ed Mathematics? Which universities offer the course in Tamilnadu?
  3. Am I eligible for NDA if I have taken commerce without Mathematics?
  4. Which is better between Physics and Mathematics? I am studying degree final year
  5. How to do correspondence course in MCA?
  6. Can I do MCA without having Mathematics in 11th and 12th? Which are the best colleges for this course? I am from commerce stream
  7. Am I eligible to study Actuarial Science after finishing 12th? I am from commerce side
  8. How can I do bachelors degree in commerce? I have dropped maths and science in standard 9th
  9. Is it possible to appear only in Mathematics exam of NIOS for Higher Secondary Commerce student?
  10. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  11. Can I give CA exam after scoring 52% in Arts graduation
  12. Can I get admission to study 12th Commerce externally?
  13. Which is better between physics and mathematics?
  14. Can I do BCA without having Maths after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing Commerce without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  16. How can I prepare for 12th Commerce CBSE exam? Mathematics syllabus of 12th Commerce CBSE Board?
  17. Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do Bachelor degree in Mathematics?
  18. What are the possible career options for each streams?
19th March 2015, 11:56 AM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics if studying 12th Commerce with Maths?

Yes, you are eligible to study Mathematics at graduation. But there are 3 streams in the Bachelor's or the graduation degree, namely- a) commerce, b) science, c) arts. The problem is that every stream has Mathematics under it. So when you take Mathematics as a major subject, the main question will be which stream to take. Will it be B.Sc. honors or B.A. or B.Com honors?
You have to take care of that. Although you are eligible for all streams. You just need to be a pass out from 12th standard and that too with 75%-80% aggregate marks. Make sure that when you are applying for a particular stream with Mathematics as major subject you mention that clearly in the application form. Remember sometimes B.A. honors with Mathematics as major is called B.Sc. honors. So first decide which genre you want to take up. In my opinion B.A. honors in Mathematics, which is called B.Sc. honors will be best for you. Then take up the application form from the college and fill it up accordingly. You are highly eligible for B.A. or B.Com honors in Mathematics. So go ahead and take admission.
8th April 2015, 04:54 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics if studying 12th Commerce with Maths?

If you want to do Graduation in Mathematics as the Hons paper,then your option are either B.Sc Maths or B.A. Maths.
For B.Sc maths you must have passed intermediate from Science.
Since you are from commerce,you are eligible for B.A. Maths .
You can get all admission detail from your desired university or college website
15th April 2015, 12:26 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, for any degree in mathematics such as BSc (Maths), one has to have a combination of Maths + Physics in higher secondary.

As you have mentioned that you had commerce as the main subject which means you are not eligible for any degree in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?