24th May 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take up CA course after completion of BA graduation course?

Am I eligible For C.A. after Graduation in arts or B.A.? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for doing CA? Can someone please give me the information on this soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply from everyone.

Thanks!

24th May 2015, 02:20 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take up CA course after completion of BA graduation course?

In order to get admission in CA course first of all you will have to clear CPT, which is the entry level examination for CA course.

The Common Proficiency Test is mandatory and even being a graduate, you will have to qualify it, in order to be considered eligible for the course.

After qualifying the test, you will be eligible to enrol for the Integrated Professional Competence Course(IPCC).

After IPCC, you will have to register for Articleship Training and the duration of this training program will be 3 1/2 years.

The course also includes other practical training which are as follows;

> Information Technology Training

> General Management and Communication Skill Course

To successfully complete the Chartered Accountancy course, you will have to qualify the Final Exam, which can be taken in the last six month of the Articleship training.

For admission, contact your nearest ICAI Regional Center or refer to the official website of ICAI mentioned below;

http://http://www.icai.org/new_post....d=254&c_id=109
24th May 2015, 01:53 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take up CA course after completion of BA graduation course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible For C.A. after Graduation in arts or B.A.? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for doing CA? Can someone please give me the information on this soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply from everyone.

Thanks!
Yeah you are eligible for doing CA Course which is done in 2 modes:
  • CPT
  • IPCC

Candidate should have registed for CPT exam right after completing 10th from a recognized school board and can only appear for the exam right after completing their respected +2.

Having completed graduation you can directly appear for the IPCC exam without writing the CPT Exams as you can appaer for IPCC through Direct entry scheme.To do this direct entry, the candidate appearing should have completed a degree from a recognized university in Commerce stream with at least 55% aggregate is eligible.

The candidate should complete their 9 months of articleship training before appearing gor the IPCC exam. Candidate should complete a total of 3 years of articleship training including the 9 months of articleship before IPCC exam.
24th May 2015, 02:30 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. You are eligible to apply for CA course after graduation. There is no issue. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for CA course is that the candidate should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. The candidate should have minimum 17 years of age at the time of appearing. So, you are definitely eligible to apply for CA course after graduation. CA course is divided into: Foundation, Intermediate and Final.
24th May 2015, 02:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for the Chartered Accountant course after completing BA. 12th standard or its equivalent qualification is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for the CA Foundation course. However, those candidates who completed their Graduation can directly enroll for 2nd stage that means CA Intermediate. The candidates are required to appear and qualify in the Graduation with at 60% of marks at Graduation to be eligible for CA Intermediate and only Commerce stream graduation can get a 5 % exemption. So, being a BA student, you are required to score at least 60% of marks at Graduation level to be eligible for Intermediate.

The basic eligibility for becoming a Chartered accountant is a pass in 10+2 from a recognized board. Normally, the Chartered Accountant course is divided into three stages,

- Foundation course
- Intermediate
- Final CA course

Chartered Accountant Intermediate Eligibility Criteria:

Applicants must have completed their Graduation Degree with at least 60% of marks from a recognized university and 5% relaxation will be given to reserved category students.

Official Website - www.icai.org
10th February 2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done ba in political science should I do MBA or MHA or shall I should do MCA which is the best career option for me?
17th September 2017, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

I have done distance learning (correspondence) BCA graduate, am I eligible for charted accountancy course, kindly give some information.
27th July 2018, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Is the foundation (Cpt) is necessary after BA economics?? Is I am eligible for directly apply for IPCC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?