31st October 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Best course to choose for graduation to join Indian Navy?

I did my 12th with 74%. My aim is to go in Indian navy. Please suggest me about the course to choose in graduation for this?

BASANT KUMAR,MOTIHARI
MOB:-9576774243 / 8271878745

31st October 2015, 09:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best course to choose for graduation to join Indian Navy?

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Navy after the 10+2 also through the NDA examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

At the graduation qualification to join the Navy you have to qualify in the CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.Candidates must have the Physics, Mathematics as main paper in the 12th and graduation.The age must be between the 19-22 years.

The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection.
31st October 2015, 09:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Navy after the graduation through the CDS examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university with the physics and mathematics as main paper. The age of the candidates must be between the 19-22 years.

The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection. To get the syllabus for the examination and notification for it visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 10:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As you have done your 10+2 and dream to join the Indian Navy then you can appear for the NDA examination to get the selection in the Indian Navy. But if you are interested after the graduation then you have to appear for the CDS examination.

To appear in the examination the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have the mathematics and physics as main paper for the graduation.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-22 years.
* Only unmarried candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as the written and the SSB. Candidates after qualifying in the paper I are eligible for the SSB.

The details for the examination is available at the www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 10:29 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

As you want to join Indian Navy then best graduation course available for you is B.Tech.
After b.tech various entry scheme will open in front of you :-

UES( University Entry Scheme)
TGC( Technical Graduate Course)
Non Technical
CDS( Combine Defense Services)
OTA

and if you are NCC C certificate holder then you also have special entry in Indian Navy.
31st October 2015, 10:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to go for the Indian Navy, why do not you apply for the National Defence Academy entrance exam which will give you chance to get a job in Indian Navy at the 10+2 level itself.

NDA/NA examination is conducted every year by the UPSC twice for recruitment of candidates in different wings of defence like Army, Airforce and Navy. But for Indian Navy, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 along with English. You can apply for the NDA/NA exam at the official website of UPSC www.upsconline.nic.in.

The age limit for the NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years and the candidate must be unmarried male Indian to apply for the NDA exam.

However if you want to join Navy after bachelor's degree then you must take science stream in bachelor's degree or bachelor's degree in engineering or technology so that you can apply for the Combined Defence Services exam whose age limit for Navy is 19-22 years for Naval Academy.
31st October 2015, 10:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing which I would like to make you clear that, you are eligible for joining Indian Navy only if your stream of Class 12th is Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects.

Also in order to join Indian Navy after graduation, you will have to complete your bachelor's degree with either of physics or mathematics or any engineering trade and then you will have to clear CDS entrance examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are respectively called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

For appearing in the same examination ( for joining Indian Navy ) you must have the qualifications ( apart from educational qualification which is described in the second paragraph ) mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 22 years.

* You must be physically and mentally strong as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 10:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Navy, you have two options:

1. At 10+2 level through the National Defence Academy and Naval academy entrance exam. But you must be between 16.5-19.5 years and unmarried male then only you can apply for the exam.

For Navy and Airforce, a candidate must have done 10+2 in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

If you are interested in joining Navy after bachelor's degree through Combined Defence Services then you must take science stream or engineering in bachelor's degree.
31st October 2015, 11:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my 12th with 74%. My aim is to go in Indian navy. Please suggest me about the course to choose in graduation for this?

BASANT KUMAR,MOTIHARI
After completion of 12th standard, you can do B.Tech or B.E degree to become a officer in Indian Navy.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
31st October 2015, 11:43 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

There is No such specific course for Indian Navy. In general the candidates who have completed graduation with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are main subjects then they will have absolute eligibility to apply for Indian Navy.

Course which are preferrable for Indian Navy :

<> B.SC

<> B.E

<> B.Tech.
31st October 2015, 11:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

BASANT KUMAR,MOTIHARI
Indian navy is one of the defence force of India and to join in this force there are many entrance exams which are conducted and for which you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed. There are many entrance exams which are conducted in India and you can apply for them based on the qualification which you possess.

Having completed +2 with 74% you can even join with this qualification without even doing a graduation. The way is by applying for the NDA Exam which is apart of UPSC exams. This is a defence service exam and it offers candidates t join in Indian army, navy and air force.

There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

-> Martial status needed is only unmarried male candidate is eligible.

-> The educational qualification needed is candidate need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board with physics and mathematics as subject for joining in Indian Navy.

-> The most important criteria of all is the physical standard, which you need to satisfy.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the NDA exam. For more info regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st November 2015, 07:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard or Graduation course. To join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. If you are interested to appear in Indian Navy after completion of your Graduation course, you need to appear in CDS examination. You can choose any course of your interest in Graduation course to join in Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard.
1st November 2015, 10:33 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

-To join the Indian Navy after the graduation the only option is the candidates have to qualify in the Combined Defence Service examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

To appear for the examination the eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation with the Physics and Mathematics as main paper from a reognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 19-22 years for Navy, 19-24 years for Military Academy, 19-25 years for Officer's Training academy.
* Only unmarried candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as written and the SSB. After qualifying in the written examination you are eligible for the SSB.

To get the more information about the examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd November 2015, 10:57 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

BASANT KUMAR,MOTIHARI

You must apply for B.Sc or any other science stream which is related to Mathematics, Physics. Because, only those candidates who are completed their Graduation in Science stream are eligible to apply for Indian Navy. You need to appear in CDS entrance exam in order to join in Indian Navy. The CDS entrance exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?