11th September 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Which is better, B.E. or B.Tech degree?

I have completed my Diploma and attended for ECET exam but I'm being confused with doing B.E or B.Tech. Which is the better course for me and is it can be completed by distance education because I got a job. I want to do job even also I want to do get a degree certificate of any of both degrees. Please tell me the best!

11th September 2017, 12:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better, B.E. or B.Tech degree?

Both B.E and B.Tech degree courses are same. B.E stands for Bachelor of Engineering whereas B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.E or B.Tech degree course. You can complete B.E or B.Tech course through distance mode while doing job.
11th September 2017, 12:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my Diploma and attended for ECET exam but I'm being confused with doing B.E or B.Tech. Which is the better course for me and is it can be completed by distance education because I got a job. I want to do job even also I want to do get a degree certificate of any of both degrees. Please tell me the best!

B.E is Bachelor of Engineering and B.Tech is a Bachelor of Technology. Both B.E and B.Tech are the same value. B.E course is more related to theoretical part and B.Tech is related to skill development. The value of both the courses are same at the time of interview. The college one studies, is more important regarding engineering degree than B.E or B.Tech. Students studying the course in reputed universities are preferred for jobs in leading MNCs. The scope and value for both the B.E and B.Tech courses are the same. Therefore, students can choose either B.E or B.Tech.
11th September 2017, 01:59 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

First of all let me inform you that B.Tech or B.E degree pursued from any distance mode education is not valid as AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) does not approve distance education for B.Tech/B.E courses.
So, you are advised not to opt for any distance education of B.Tech/B.E degree course.
B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) and B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) are both graduate level Engineering programs.
The only difference in between B.E and B.Tech courses is that B.E is more of a study based on theory and B.Tech is of application engineering.
So, one can never be able to decide which course is better between B.E and B.Tech course as both these courses have their own importance and place in the Engineering field.
If a student keen to know/learn more about theoretical part of his/her engineering field then he/she should opt for B.E course. If a student wishes to join a field that is mostly related to practical knowledge, then the B.Tech course is more suitable for him/her.
11th September 2017, 02:41 PM
kunalroy89

If you ever lookup in job advertisement or higher education​,you will see " B.E/B.Tech or equivalent in XYZ branch of engineering".
B.E. and B.Tech both are equal in value.Their course material is same,job prospects is same, education system is same.
Actually, the colleges which offer other degrees along with engineering,they name it Bachelor of Engineering.
And the colleges meant only for Engineering, such as XYZ or ABC institute of engineering/technology, they named the degree as Bachelor in Technology or B.Tech.
That's how it started and continues in many colleges​ but not all.
Main thing to consider, the value for both B.E & B.TECH are EQUAL.
11th September 2017, 06:01 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

According to me B.Tech degree is more beneficial than B.E. Reasons are as followed:-

B.Tech is a skill oriented course which emphasis more practical applications along with theoretical aspects.

But B.E is only knowledge oriented course and emphasis only theory, not on practicals.

And as we all know that theory along with practical helps to understand the related topics more clearly.

B.Tech degree or B.E degree both can’t be from distance mode. You have to do it from regular mode.

Hope for the best.
11th September 2017, 06:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue any of them because both have bright future and they are little bit of same value and also the field is same and as you are saying that you got a job so now you can pursue your engineering degree through distance education also. Bachelor of engineering and bachelor of Technology these are two different fields but yes are of same importance and have same scope in future so according to your interest you can choose any one of them.
11th September 2017, 07:39 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

See, both B.E and B.Tech are great fields in their own standards. So, choosing any one in between them is very tough. Candidates from both the fields goes through the path of success. Hence, choose any one according to your interest and give your best towards that. Yes, you can complete the above mentioned course through distance education, but make sure that the institute is approved by AICTE.
11th September 2017, 07:45 PM
sapphire1

As you have completed diploma then I think it is best to do B.Tech instead B.E. No doubt it is also a good course but as you have done diploma then you can directly get admission in the 2nd year through lateral entry and I think it is best for you. There are so many courses in B.Tech and as you are doing a job anywhere then if you will do B.Tech in any of the streams then you will get a better job.

Here are some courses in B.tech:
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Computer science Engineering
Aviation
Mechanical Engineering
IT Engineering
and there are also many other courses in B.tech but these are best courses for future prospects. You can choose any of the course. After that you can get a good job in many related companies there you will get good salary package.

So, if you are going to do the job then it is best to do B.Tech to get a good job after the course. It will increase your salary and position.
11th September 2017, 08:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.E. refers to Bachelor of Engineering and B.Tech refers to Bachelor of Technology. The major difference in these courses in the nomenclature as things like course and curriculum for these courses are same. So no course is better over the other as both are equivalent to eachother.

Now as far as you are concerned about pursuing B.E./B.Tech degree in distance mode then I would like to let you know that recently HRD Ministry has announced that B.E./B.Tech degree can not be pursued in distance mode and same degree is not valid for any government job or higher studies. So you can not pursue B.E./B.Tech in distance mode while doing your job.

So in order to get B.E./B.Tech degree you need to pursue same degree in regular mode and for pursuing the same is regular mode from top technical institutes you need to qualify entrance examination like JEE, State EEE/CET, COMED-K, BITSAT, SRMEEE, etc. .
11th September 2017, 09:40 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Basically both are the same things. The only difference is BE generally focuses on conceptual information whereas B.tech focuses on practical concepts.
It's better to opt b.tech.

Yes, you can do b.tech from distance education but make sure that the university should be recognised university.
11th September 2017, 09:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no such difference in between B.E degree and B.Tech degree. Both of them are regarded as almost of the same degree. In any of the Technical vacancies of most of the companies, they require the B.E/B.Tech degree which means if you have completed any of the above degree, you can apply for the required vacancy. So, do not worry about this, just opt for any of the above degree to be eligible for various requirements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?