3rd May 2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Which is the better course to take for applying IPS job?

Sir/Mam,

I want a answer what's a better field depart. In graduation & sir i do want after than fight i.p.s. A unique organized for crime. So help me???? It will be really good if you can provide me the information soon as possible to me. Thank you.

4th May 2015, 12:26 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the better course to take for applying IPS job?

Graduates in any discipline are allowed to apply for IPS post.
Candidate have to apply for Civil Service Exam to apply for IPS post.
You have to chose that course which you find easiest, as it will provide you maximum time to prepare for IPS exam.
Start your studies from now on. There is no minimum percentage criteria.
So, candidate don't have to pay much attention on graduation. They have to concentrate on their preparation for IPS.

According to me you should opt for history, geography as subjects in your graduation as they will help you with General Knowledge paper.

Eligibility for IPS :
Candidate must be citizen of India.
Candidate must have graduation degree in any discipline from any recognised university.
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 25 years.
Candidate must be mentally and physically fit.

For more details and recent notifications please visit :http://www.upscc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for the syllabus and exam pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 45 views)
4th May 2015, 01:10 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear, truly speaking all courses of graduation can easily crack the UPSC Civil's Examination (IPS). There is any difference between the courses. But for any type of course you need to prepare seriously.

As far as I know any Maths based stream will helpful for you to crack easily. But you should concentrate on your academics simultaneously with the Civil's Examination.

If you are not alert on your graduation then you will have a backlogs in your graduation. So be conscious about the stream in your graduation.

If you have that stability to complete the graduation in B.E/B.Tech then definitely it will helpful to you.

The reason behind selecting the Maths based stream is to crack the CSAT Examination and the score of Main's and Interview will only be considered for Job posting. Prelims will take up qualifying nature.

Finally I conclude with this suggestion is to take B.E/B.Tech in any stream if you are interested in.
7th May 2015, 04:31 PM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

yes, the courses related to Arts are going to help you in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?