9th May 2014, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

How to get a job in IPS after doing B.A 1st year?

i lv indian police control.. I give a job in ips.. I'm a b.a 1st yr student.. So what can i do??

9th May 2014, 12:04 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get a job in IPS after doing B.A 1st year?

I appreciate your interest towards IPS (Indian Police Service) which is one of the top civil service in India where you can serve the country and protect the law.

It is not so easy to be placed in IPS but nothing is impossible if your put your best efforts with commitment.

In order to be placed in IPS, you should have to crack the following selection procedure.

CSAT Exam
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

This is the common written exam for the candidates not only to be placed in IPS but in all the civil services.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

Academic Qualification:
One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this Exam.

Age limit :
For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years.

Try to complete your Graduation in BA and then you will be eligible to apply for this Exam.

Meanwhile I suggest you to have good preparation for Civil services exam from a top coaching Institute.

Wish you all the best.
9th May 2014, 01:42 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i lv indian police control.. I give a job in ips.. I'm a b.a 1st yr student.. So what can i do??
Being a BA 1st year student you're ineligible to apply for IPS Entrance examination. To be eligible for IPS entrance examination then you need to complete graduation course in any discipline from recognized university. Since, you didn't complete you're bachelor degree course yet. So, I suggest you to complete Bachelor degree course without single backlogs then definitely you're eligible for IPS entrance examination. There is no minimum required for this entrance examination. The Important notification regarding the examination will be Updated in Official website of UPSC. You can apply for this entrance examination through online mode by the visiting the Official website of UPSC.
9th May 2014, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i am 35 years old & have M.A,. 50%in hindi regular with gen cat. have any option to join any rank in police. my hight is 5.3". please guide me.
9th May 2014, 11:19 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

First year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination. You are eligible to apply for IPS Exam after completing degree course or pursing in the final year of degree course. While pursing the degree course you are eligible but you don't have any backlogs at the time of appearing for this examination. You need to submit the qualifying certificate at the time of Prelims or Main Examination.

Coming to the your query, you need to crack the Civil Service Examination to join IPS Examination. Minimum Qualification to apply for IPS Exam is that you must have a completed degree course from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar required to apply for this examination. Age should between 21-30 years and upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
13th May 2014, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

gud evening sir i have more interest in civil services how to prepare for that sir??? Please reply as soon as possible
21st June 2014, 02:39 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Candidate should be a graduate. You can definitely fill the form in the final year. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Police Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination that covers objective type questions, Mains that is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 30years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of five years as per the government norms.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?