3rd May 2015, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Does regular and correspondence graduation degree hold same equal importance for Bank PO exams?

Does regular and correspondence graduation degree hold same equal importance for Bank PO exams? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria for the same? I would like to know the information soon as possible. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Which University is the best to do B.A or B.Com graduation course?
  2. does correspondence hold the same importance as regular courses? Type of job after BCA?
  3. Courses after graduation through Correspondence after B.Sc in Computer Science?
  4. Does BCA a degree course? Does it have equal importance as other Graduation courses?
  5. Which are the government colleges in India offering MD in BAMS through correspondence? Procedure to get admission there? Does it have any value as the regular degree?
  6. What is the difference between B.Com and B.Con Honors? Which course is better to join?
  7. Do top companies give equal importance to distance mode as regular mode?
  8. Is MCA degree provided by Ignite through Sastra University a regular degree or correspondence degree? I have completed my graduation in BSc Computer science
  9. Masters Degree from reputed college after graduation through correspondence?
  10. What job can I do after doing intermediate?
  11. Am I eligible for bank exam with 47.82 in Graduation?
  12. Which is more preferred between Graduation and Correspondence Graduation when getting admitted to MBA?
  13. Can I do B.Com course from DU having scored 53% in 12th class?
  14. Can I join bank PO after correspondence degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is correspondence course considered to be equivalent to regular course? Degrees in which I can do correspondence?
  16. Is there any difference in joining masters program through correspondence and regular basis?
  17. If I get admission in LLB will it be a regular course or correspondence? Can I practice in a legal court?
  18. Masters in History after Graduation From Correspondence and in General not Honors?
3rd May 2015, 07:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does regular and correspondence graduation degree hold same equal importance for Bank PO exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does regular and correspondence graduation degree hold same equal importance for Bank PO exams? Can you please let me know the minimum eligibility criteria for the same? I would like to know the information soon as possible. Thank you.
Yes, regular and correspondence graduation degree is same importance for Bank PO exam but your correspondence course must be recognized.

If you have completed your graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation -

SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC-3 Years
People with disability (PWD) –Gen- 10 years
PWD-SC/ST -15 years
PWD-OBC-13 Years
3rd May 2015, 07:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does regular and correspondence graduation degree hold same equal importance for Bank PO exams?

Regular degree has a very good value, so there is no doubt in that. But as far as Correspondence graduation (or) Distance learning is concerned, this degree gets valued only when the degree obtaining university is recognized by central government or state government. In such case, both regular and correspondence graduation degrees hold the same importance and to be eligible for any bank examinations. Kindly go through the following instructions to know the details about minimum eligibility criteria.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required for Bank PO Exams:

<> Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central government.

<> The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ institute.

Minimum Age Criteria: {Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category (OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen) candidates

Minimum age: 21 years

Maximum age: 30 years
3rd May 2015, 11:04 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, graduation through regular and Correspondence mode are not treated equal Importance. Most of the private banks are not accepting the graduation through Correspondence mode and most of the Bank give first preference to the candidates who have completed Graduation through regular mode. Those candidates who are satisfying the below criteria are eligible for Bank PO exam,

IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria:

- Graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification are eligible to apply. Final year students can also apply subject to submission of requisite proof.

- Candidates, who want to apply for this IBPS PO exam, must be between age of 20 and 30 years. Relaxations in upper age limit for SC /ST is 5 years, for OBC is 3 years.

- Candidates should have good Computer Knowledge.

Official website - www.ibps.in
4th May 2015, 01:19 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear there is No difference in whether it is regular or correspondence mode. But the College/University in which you have completed your graduation must be recognized by AICTE.

So try to confirm it. But yes there is No problem at all. More over you need to satisfies other eligibility criteria like Age and the type of course you have selected.

Eligibility for Bank PO exams :

1.You should have completed minimum graduation or any equivalent examination from the recognized university.

2.Age should be different for different Bank PO's

For SBI PO : 21 to 30 years

For IBPS PO : 20 to 28 years

3.In addition to this age limits you will have a chance to add Age relaxation if you are belonging to reserved category.

4.Final year students of graduation are not eligible to apply for any type of bank PO exams.
7th May 2015, 04:30 PM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of SBI PO are filled up through the examination conducted by the IBPS or SBI itself.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the IBPS :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue and through which mode you get it, you will be eligible for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?