14th February 2017, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Which is better, tax or mass media?

Hi, I am a B.Com student and I am in 3rd year and am confused what should I do. Should I do tax or mass media and what was the salary of both an how much time it take and if I do this can I get govt. job.

15th February 2017, 03:26 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Which is better, tax or mass media?

Being a B.com student you are eligible for both the courses. But if you study Tax Accountancy then you might get a central govt. job and the salary scale is very high. Since demonetization the work of Tax Accountants have increased and they are in demand.

In case of Mass media you will have to do a MS course since you did ug in B.com. After that you have to work in different media companies and do internships. You need to gain lot of experience to get into a good place. Salary scale would be around 20k-30k or more as a fresher. Depends solely upon the company under which you are working.A degree in mass media and communications sometimes leads to a career in advertising or public relations.

So, you need to know your interest area first. Your working capacity and your ability. Discuss with your parents before applying anywhere.
15th February 2017, 04:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of your 3 years B.Com successfully from a recognised University, you can pursue higher degree course both in Tax and Mass media, it all depends upon you.
The duration of the Masters degree course for both of the subjects will be of two years.
After the completion of your Master degree course, you can definitely get a Government job based on your qualification and the requirement of the job.
15th February 2017, 09:05 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Its your decision completely.

You need to see your interest in the subject.

Eventually you will get good salary and satisfaction in the subject you are interested in.

So, if the journalism and mass media attracts you then go for that.

If the taxation and laws attract you, go for the Taxes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?