31st May 2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for JEE Advanced next year if qualified in JEE Main in this year?

Sir ,
I have appeared in JEE Main last year when I was in 12th standard. Due to some reasons I did not see my result. Then in this year I have qualified in JEE Main. But I cannot apply for JEE Advance due to improper time management. So can I apply for JEE Advance in next year?

31st May 2015, 09:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE Advanced next year if qualified in JEE Main in this year?

No you are not eligible to apply for the JEE Advance directly in the next year. But you and your time management really confused me. JEE examination is conducted by the CBSE every year and tye examination is conducted in two stages as Mains and Advance.

The eligibility to apply for the Mains examination is :-
* Candidates who have passed or pursuing in the 10+2 can apply.
* Candidates must have PCM as main subjects in the board examination.

Also the maximum limit is 3 attempt to appear for the examination.So the next year will be your last chance. As it is compulsory to qualify in the Mains in the same year then only you are eligible for the Advance. So you have to reappear in the examination.

The application form will be available from the month of November and the examination is conducted in April in the online as well as offline according to your preference. The Advance examination for the Mains qualified candidates will be conducted in the May.

For more information for the JEE examination visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
31st May 2015, 09:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE Advanced next year if qualified in JEE Main in this year?

JEE stands for Joint entrance examination and the same examination is held for the selection of students for their bachelor of engineering course from top government colleges such as IIT / NIT or IIIT .The examination is held in two stages which are JEE Main and JEE Advance respectively .Also the examination is controlled and managed by CBSE .

Yes you can apply for the JEE Advance examination if qualified the JEE Mains examination this year as per the new rules .But the maximum attempt for cracking the same examination is three consecutive attempts from the year of your senior secondary board examination .But for the same you must be among the top 20 percentile student of your own board on the basis of percentage marks in the board examination .

So first confirm whether you are among the top 20% percentile students of your board or not otherwise you must reappear in the same to come among the same to be eligible for JEE Advance examination and hence for the admission in the IIT and meanwhile work hard for doing well the JEE Advance to avoid the loss of your crucial academic years .
31st May 2015, 10:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for JEE Advanced examination next year if you have qualified JEE Main examination in this year. Only candidates who have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination only in that particular year, they are not eligible to apply for next year JEE Advanced examination. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, your two chances for appearing in JEE Advanced examination has already completed, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination.
1st June 2015, 02:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir ,
I have appeared in JEE Main last year when I was in 12th standard. Due to some reasons I did not see my result. Then in this year I have qualified in JEE Main. But I cannot apply for JEE Advance due to improper time management. So can I apply for JEE Advance in next year?
Yes, you can appear for JEE Advanced exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?