25th July 2016, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply to study B.Tech (Information Technology) if failed in Physics of 12th NIOS?

I am failed in Physics and Maths subjects in CBSE 12th standard. Then I apply for Maths and Physics exam from NIOS Board. I am passed in Maths but failed again in Physics as result came and now I have passed in my 12th from NIOS Board. Can I apply for B.Tech in Information Technology course?

26th July 2016, 02:11 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to study B.Tech (Information Technology) if failed in Physics of 12th NIOS?

Yes, you are eligible for admission in B.Tech course after 10+2.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under ministry of HRD, so the degree from NIOS is valid for the admission.

So, if you have passed 10+2 board examination from NIOS you will be eligible for admission in course. The required qualification for admission in course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM/B.
26th July 2016, 03:33 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to study B.Tech (Information Technology) if failed in Physics of 12th NIOS?

No, I a sorry to say that you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course after having failed in Physics in your 12th NIOS examination. The minimum eligibility criteria in order to get admission in the above mentioned course is that a candidate should have cleared his/her 12th class from a recognized board with science stream.
26th July 2016, 11:58 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper you are eligible for the admission in B.Tech course in a recognised university.

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and it is four year duration course after 10+2.

NIOS is also a recognised board and candidates passed from NIOS are eligible to appear for various entrance examination either for recruitment in job or for admission in higher courses.
26th July 2016, 01:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for admission to study B.Tech (Information Technology) course without qualifying 12th standard. You need to qualify all subjects of 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board to get admission to study B.Tech (Information Technology) course. Since, you have not passed all subjects of your 12th standard from CBSE or NIOS Board, you can't apply for admission to study B.Tech (Information Technology) course.
26th July 2016, 05:00 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Since you have mentioned that "failed again in Physics" you can not apply for B.Tech in any college. College will allow to take admissions for those candidates only who have passed 12th in all subjects. So, for you it would be better to pass in physics & then apply. But if you have passed then can apply for B.Tech.
26th July 2016, 10:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am failed in Physics and Maths subjects in CBSE 12th standard. Then I apply for Maths and Physics exam from NIOS Board. I am passed in Maths but failed again in Physics as result came and now I have passed in my 12th from NIOS Board. Can I apply for B.Tech in Information Technology course?
If you have failed in Physics in 12th standard, then you are not eligible to do B.Tech in Information Technology.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks with PCM from a recognized university are eligible for B.Tech course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?