13th April 2014, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Com honours without taking maths under Delhi university?

I am studying in class 11th. Earlier I have taken commerce with maths but it was very difficult so i left maths n opted hindi instead of maths.now i wanted to know that whether i m eligible to do b.com honours from shree ram college or any other college of delhi university.
please reply i am very much confused that whether i have taken right decision by leaving maths or not.plz reply

16th April 2014, 10:59 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Com honours without taking maths under Delhi university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in class 11th. Earlier I have taken commerce with maths but it was very difficult so i left maths n opted hindi instead of maths.now i wanted to know that whether i m eligible to do b.com honours from shree ram college or any other college of delhi university.
please reply i am very much confused that whether i have taken right decision by leaving maths or not.plz reply
Hey friend,

B.com Honours is a Undergraduate degree and this course is of a duration of 3 years consisting of 6 semesters.

For joining in Delhi University you need to possess certain qualification which is needed and it is that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education

The candidates who would obtain either 55% marks in the aggregate or 50% in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject in the qualifying examinations shall be eligible to apply for admission to Honours course in the subject concerned.

There is certain relaxation for other category candidates and it is that for SC/ST candidate it is 45% in the aggregate with 60% in the subject for admission to Honours course.

If you satisfy this then you can apply for joining in this course and as you are doing 11th it is better that you continue your +2 and then join in the course.

ALL THE BEST
17th April 2014, 09:33 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

You have already left maths as a subject from your course of study. But I want to tell you one thing that Mathematics is an important subject and if you want to make your career in commerce line then you will have to study this subject. as such you have opted for commerce stream which is a difficult stream but without maths how can you even imagine of studying and moving ahead in this line. For any subject honours in commerce stream you need mathematics.

You have to study this subject anyhow whether it be difficult or easy. so my first suggestion to you is that you again include mathematics in your course of study because without maths you cannot go for any subject honours in commerce stream. let it be accounting or economics or business study etc. for all the subjects you have to study mathematics, and its good for you also.

Because it will help you in all sectors of your study. you cannot just forgo maths and move on if you want to build your career in commerce line. Yes if you were studying science then of course you could have quit maths and gone for any other subject instead of maths.
3rd August 2014, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admition in du for bba with out taking maths but taking ip as an extra subject?
3rd November 2014, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I am in the verge of completing Higher Secondary exam under West Bengal Board in Commerce Stream . I would like to know that since i am having Computer Application instead of Maths will I get chance in any college in Delhi ? I want to study B.Com (Hons).
4th November 2014, 06:04 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Hi. Yes, you can choose to not take maths for admission to the four year Bachelor with Honours course in Commerce in Delhi University. Good luck.
10th January 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Com honours bt I have not taken maths ? can we apply for UPSE after it??
21st February 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I am in 10th class & i want to be economist further,but i have no intrest in mathematics.
I want to know that degree of mathematics is compulsery for being economist from DU?
Please help me ,I am so confused...
26th March 2015, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i have 5 subjects i.e a/c eco bst eng n i.p i know that my result will be more than 90% but i have not taken maths but i want to do bcom honsos from DU will i get admssion in DU in any college.please mentioned the colleges for me

thankyou
regards
harsh gupta X11 commerce
26th March 2015, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Can i do bcom honours without maths??
I am from sikkim please guide me with a good way.
what shall i do??
i want to do job in auditing department& i am going to appear for my boards in 2016.
please suggest me,please reply .
8th April 2015, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

I want to take admission in Du but I have not opted maths then it is possible?
25th April 2015, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

i have commerce stream without math can i do either b co honrs or Eco honrs
12th May 2015, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

i am from science side but dont have maths or bio i have computer science, phy edu, eng, physics and chem. Which course could i apply for
19th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

can I do b.com hons. without maths indu or not please clear my confusion
4th June 2015, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

IS WE TAKE MATHS IN DOING B.COM(HONS.) AND CA ? BUT I WEAK IN MATHS BECAUSE I DO MANY MISTAKE BU I GOT B1 IN CLASS 10.
18th June 2015, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

l have both maths as well as informatics practices as external subject will l able to get addmission in du??
30th December 2015, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11 ryt now! I wanted to know that is it possible to get admission in DU without studying maths in 12!!
some of the college have written maths as compulsory to be studied in 12 if u want to go for bcom (hons) on their websites! and some are giving a disadvantage or penalty of 2.5%-2%.
I wanted to the names of the colleges offering the course of b.com hons without maths as mandatory in 12!
It will be really nice of you ! :)
25th May 2016, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I have studied maths in 12th class bt I don't want to include it in my top 4 subjects soo, can I do b.com honours under du?
2nd June 2016, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

i have got 95% in 2 and i have maths in additional but i was unable to get passing marks in maths so i want to know that can i get admission in top colleges of du
6th June 2016, 11:41 PM
Rajatadri

Can i opt for bcom honours in the colleges of kolkata?? I have not taken maths and had the following subjects:- accountancy,business studies,economics and entrepreneurship along with english and physical education. Please help.
2nd July 2016, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I do B.com honours with maths as my additional subject
29th March 2017, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

I want to do B. Com. (Hons) in a reputed college of Delhi University, but I have Commerce stream without Maths. I want to know whether I'm eligible to do so?
I also want to know the disadvantages of not having maths with commerce stream.
Please help me.
20th April 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

I am studying in 11th class and i do commerce with computer application. Is it possible to study b.com (honors) without maths.
28th April 2017, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

I want to do B. Com. (Hons) in a reputed college of Delhi University, but I have Commerce stream without Maths. I want to know whether I'm eligible to do so?
12th June 2017, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

17th June 2017, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Mathematics is the compulsory subject to get into DU for B .com(hons) .Few of the colleges has made mathematics compulsory for B .com(prog) too.

It's not compulsory that mathematics should be the part of best of four percentage what matters is that you should have studied it in 10 2.
4th April 2018, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY 12TH AND WANT TO DO BCOM HONOURS UNDER DELHI UNIVERSITY AND I HAVE OPTED FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE INSTEAD OF MATHEMATICS WILL I BE ABLE TO GET ADMISSION IN DELHI UNIVERSITY?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?