4th June 2017, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I join marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hello Sir, I am in diploma third year for mechanical engineering. I have not taken admission for 12th instead I have done diploma after 10th. Can I join marine engineering or aeronautical engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after mechanical engineering?
  2. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing B.E in Mechanical Engineering
  3. How to get admission in marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Criteria to join Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  6. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?
  8. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission for marine engineering with diploma completion or degree is needed in mechanical engineering?
  10. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
  11. Procedure to join Marine Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. List of streams available to study in B.Tech
  13. How to join marine engineering after finishing diploma mechanical engineering?
  14. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  17. Admission procedure for BE in Marine Engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical?
  18. Which are the Marine Engineering Colleges? What are the qualifications required for entering Marine Engineering course? Can I get into Marine Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
4th June 2017, 08:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Marine Engineering, but not Aeronautical engineering course after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or any other related stream. You need to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., and qualify the examination and participate in the counselling process to get lateral entry admission for pursuing your higher studies.
4th June 2017, 11:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you can get admission through JEE Main, on the basis of your diploma in mechanical engineering qualification. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam.

You will get admission in first year of the B.Tech degree and there will be no lateral entry benefit for you.
5th June 2017, 03:03 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can join Marine engineering after completing your diploma in Mechanical engineering.
After completing your diploma, you can get admission directly in second year of 4 years B.Tech Marine Engineering course through lateral entry by qualifying lateral entry entrance examination.
Eligibility Criteria:
>Candidates should have completed diploma course with 50% marks from a recognized board.
>Candidates must have scored atleast 50% marks in English in 10th/12th standard from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidate should not be more than 28 years.

Also you can get admission in Aeronautical engineering after completing you diploma.
It also follows the same eligibility criteria which I have mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?