10th October 2015, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Com in IGNOU if registered around 4 years ago?

Hi,
I was register for B.Com course in IGNOU but couldn't attend the exams and classes. I have registered about 4 years ago. So, now I can join and study B.Com in IGNOU with the same registration?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Ed in IGNOU if completed Graduation 12 years ago?
  2. How to pass B.Com from IGNOU with good marks?
  3. Course duration and fee expenses to study LLB in IGNOU for a candidate who has completed B.Com General about 20 years ago?
  4. Can I study MCA in IGNOU if completed BCA 2 years ago? Is it possible to get Technical jobs after completing MCA from IGNOU?
  5. Can I study MCA from IGNOU with low marks in graduation
  6. Eligibility to study PhD for an Architect who has completed B.Arch 30 years ago, Master's in Construction Management 27 years ago and PGD in Urban Planning 2 years ago?
  7. Can I study CS and IGNOU's B.Com at the same time? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Fee structure for B.Com course in Correspondence?
  9. Can I study MCA from IGNOU? I am a B.Com commerce general student from Calcutta University
  10. Is it possible to complete my B.Com graduation even after 40 years of age?
  11. How to become a registered tax practitioner after B.Com?
  12. Registration procedure to study BCA in IGNOU at Qatar? Study Centers of IGNOU at Qatar?
  13. Can I study B.Ed in IGNOU if completed M.A.(Economics) and DECE from IGNOU having 4 years of Teaching experience?
  14. Is there any courses related to accounting or any other available which I can do parallel with my B.Com course?
  15. What should I do if registered for PhD in Rayalaseema University 4 years ago but still waiting for it?
  16. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course for a 31 years old AutoCAD Designer who has completed 12th about 12 years ago?
  17. Should I go for MCA after doing B.Com from IGNOU?
  18. Can i do B.Ed after completing TYBCOM two years ago?
15th October 2015, 05:16 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I study B.Com in IGNOU if registered around 4 years ago?

See, the problem that you are mentioning is quite common. So no need to worry. The important thing that you have already registered. So you can continue from there on. You just have to keep all the necessary documents with respect to your registration ready. You also need to bring your identity card and show it to the IGNOU study center where you were affiliated to. Then the officers there can verify your registration and can allot you class timings of the fresh batch currently going on. The same registration number can be continued only if the IGNOU regional center has not canceled it. You need to go to your study center immediately to find out if that is the case or not. If not you can continue right from where you left out. But please remember if join this time, then you have to attend the classes seriously and maintain a good percentage of attendance.
15th October 2015, 05:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It will be invalid now and you have to apply for fresh registration this year to continue the course. 4 years is a long period of time and you can't get along with the same registration now.

If you were appearing for exams in these four year then it would have made sense but if you haven't appeared for any exams of the course then it will not be valid now.
15th October 2015, 06:47 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say you that you cannot study B.Com course at this instance with the previous registration. As you said that you have registered 4 years ago for the B.Com course, that registration is now invalid as you have not attended any of the classes of the whole course. So, if you want to pursue for the same course, you should register yourself again and proceed for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?