2nd March 2015, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I study correspondence B.Tech if completed 1 year Plastic Engineering Diploma course? In which branch I will get admission?

Hello everyone,
I have completed one year
Diploma in Plastic Engineering from CIPET.
Now I want to do Correspondence B. Tech.
Can I do the same on the basis of this Diploma.
If yes then which Branch of B Tech I can take.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for B.Tech plastic engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry after completing diploma
  2. Correspondence btech after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. In which engineering institute can I take admission after completing plastic engineering diploma?
  4. How to get admission in AMIE engineering correspondence after completing diploma?
  5. Am I eligible for the programme of B.Tech in Plastic Engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry
  6. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  7. How can I do B.Tech or plastic engineering course(1 year) through correspondence? I've done diploma(polymer technology) in government polytechnic college(Koratty)
  8. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma?
  9. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience?
  10. Which course to join in software testing field?
  11. Best universities offering B.Tech/B.E? Can we do correspondence B.Tech from BITS Pilani?
  12. Possibility to study correspondence B.Tech along with job for CSE Diploma holder?
  13. Can I get admission in 1st year General BSc in Mumbai University after completing diploma?
  14. Can I do dual B.Tech course with correspondence diploma after B.Tech 2nd year EEE? What is the duration of correspondence diploma?? How many colleges are there in correspondence diploma?
  15. Which branch should I study after diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that I could get a good job?
  16. How can I take admission in 2nd yr B.E as a part time? I've completed diploma in civil engineering through correspondence
  17. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech(ME) in IGNOU if completed diploma in Plastic Technology from CIPET?
  18. What is the procedure to take admission in b.tech by lateral entry?
31st July 2015, 04:13 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I study correspondence B.Tech if completed 1 year Plastic Engineering Diploma course? In which branch I will get admission?

It is better you complete another year in the diploma of plastic engineering. Normally distance education or correspondence institutes admit candidates who have either completed their diploma in a particular subject or have gone through at least 2 years of diploma. Normally diploma courses or lateral entry courses consist of 3 years. So it is better you complete all the three years and then study something else. Not completing one particular course and swinging from one course to the other creates a negative impact on the recruiters of any job. So I suggest, if you have completed one year the complete the rest. If your diploma course consists of 2 years only, then after 2 years only you can apply for a B.Tech in distance education institutes. There are two leading institutes which provide diploma in B.Tech these are Sikkim Manipal university and ignou university. Both offer 4 year correspondence courses in B.Tech. The course in divided in 8 semesters. In fact, the best part about a correspondence course is that you can give examinations on several semesters in one year. If you are intelligent enough, you can complete 4 year course in 3 years also. The best choice of course will be chemical engineering, since you already have experience in plastic engineering.
31st July 2015, 05:20 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study correspondence B.Tech if completed 1 year Plastic Engineering Diploma course? In which branch I will get admission?

No, according to the guidelines of AICTE, a graduation course which contains at least 40% of its part as practical, cannot be done through the distance learning.

Engineering a degree whose all the stream contain a vital part as practicals.

So, you cannot pursue Engineering through this mode.

If any university claims this, then do not trust them. You will just waste your money and time and all will go in vain.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?