3rd January 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS at the age of 27 years old?

Respected Sir
cani study MBBS in india.
right now m 27 years old.
may i eligible to do mbbs????
please reply as soon as possible

4th January 2015, 12:45 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS at the age of 27 years old?

As per the eligibility criteria prescribed, a person(general class) is not eligible for MBBS course.

As the maximum age limit for a General candidate for doing MBBS is 25 years.

But candidates falling in SC/ST/Backward categories, can apply as there is an age relaxation of 5 years for backward classes.

Therefore, if you fall in the General category, then I am sorry to say that you are no more eligible to do MBBS.

But, if you fall under any one of the above mentioned categories, you are surely eligible for doing the course.
4th January 2015, 12:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study MBBS course at the age of 27 years. The minimum age limit required to take admission in MBBS course is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. However, there is no maximum age limit has been prescribed by Medical Council of India. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board are eligible to get admission in first year of MBBS course.
4th January 2015, 06:01 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AIIMS which offers admission to pursue MBBS.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS :

* Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or Before 31st December, 2015.

* Candidate should have passed Class 12 examination or its equivalent from a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

* General and OBC candidates must have passed Class 12/ HSC in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 60% marks and for SC/ST the qualifying marks is 50%.
4th January 2015, 06:19 PM
Rahul9596

You are already 27 years now. For studying Medical degree or MBBS course you have to be at least 17 years or above of age. But till now there is no upper age limit on admission of student into medical degree course. So you can definitely get admission in MBBS but they will ask you for the whereabouts of your education gap years.

So be prepared with an affidavit answering these question. You can surely get admission into one of college if you get a merit rank and a seat in any medical colleges of your choice. The minimum requirement for educational qualification for studying MBBS is a pass in 10 +2 science with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as major subjects with a qualifying score in the entrance exams.
20th February 2017, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th in 2009 and then I completed my 12th in 2011 with PCM. Then I entered in engineering colleges and pass out in 2015.now I want to do MBBS in 2017 and I passed the 12 again with PCB with open board Delhi..so can I do MBBS or not??
23rd September 2018, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

I've been selected for Siddha medicine. I will pass out by 2024 with a B.S.M.S degree. Then can I follow MBBS in India
19th December 2019, 02:44 PM
Rey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 10th in 2009 and then I completed my 12th in 2011 with PCM. Then I entered in engineering colleges and pass out in 2015.now I want to do MBBS in 2017 and I passed the 12 again with PCB with open board Delhi..so can I do MBBS or not??
I’m in the same situation, I’m an engineer and want to become doctor what shall I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?