13th December 2016, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Can my son apply for 85% Odisha state quota if he qualifies NEET exam?

Respected Sir, I am a permanent resident of Odisha, but working in Delhi. My son is also studying in Delhi. He will complete his 12th from Delhi so my question is if he qualifies the NEET, will he be eligible to apply for 85% Odisha state quota? Will there be any residence issue as he is studying in Delhi. Is there any criteria that the candidate needs to do his 12th from the State where he/she wants to avail the 85% quota? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th December 2016, 09:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my son apply for 85% Odisha state quota if he qualifies NEET exam?

If you have got domicile certificate of Odisha, then your son can surely apply for state quota seats on the basis of NEET score. Just make sure you have the required documents to get your domicile certificate.

Permanent residence is what that matters. If you are working in a different state on account of job, then that state will not be your domicile state until you have the voting rights of that state.
16th December 2016, 10:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my son apply for 85% Odisha state quota if he qualifies NEET exam?

Yes definitely your son can apply for NEET seat in Odisha if you are permanent resident of there and most important that your child should have Bonafide certificate of that state in which you want to apply otherwise if you don't have then you can not apply for 85% seat of your state.
So he is eligible for that seat.
30th April 2017, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

HI, I live in Bangalore for last 17 yrs. I have house in orissa where my parents are living. The house, electricity bill etc in my name. My son is also born in orissa and have birth certificate. But, he has studied all through in Karanataka. Based on NEET score, will he be eligible for 85% Medical seats in Orissa ? How is my son's eligibility into management quota seats in Orissa from a domicile standpoint ?
12th June 2017, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

If a student is domicile of Maharashtra but doesn't meet admissions requirements as 10th from out of state. He can't get admission in state quota anywhere in India. Does it mean that he is liable for only 15% quota, His right of 85%quota is lost .
28th December 2019, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

My father is permanently staying at Odisha and house and agricultural lands are in his name. I have graduated from odisha and my profession is at Delhi since last 20 years. My son birth certificate is at Delhi and studying at Delhi. I have also land property at Bhubaneswar. Can my son take state quota of odisha for NEET .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?