29th December 2015, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Can a student appear for CAT after taking Arts in 11th standard?

I have taken arts in 11th standard. I aspire to appear for CAT after graduation. So tell me will i be eligible to appear for CAT or not?

29th December 2015, 10:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a student appear for CAT after taking Arts in 11th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have taken arts in 11th standard. I aspire to appear for CAT after graduation. So tell me will i be eligible to appear for CAT or not?
Yes, arts student can appear for CAT entrance exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Best books for CAT exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitative Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
29th December 2015, 10:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no issue with your specialization. Any stream students are eligible to apply for CAT examination. But, you are qualification is not enough to be eligible for CAT exam. Only those who completed Graduation or its equivalent qualification are eligible.

CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria:

- The applicant should have a Graduation degree from a recognized university.
- The applicant must secure at least 50% marks in Graduation and 5% percent relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST.
- Final year applicants of graduation course may also apply.
29th December 2015, 10:56 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in CAT Examination:

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CAT (Common Admission Test) is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. CAT Examination is basically conducted for the admission to Post Graduate Management programs like MBA.etc., in Indian Institute of Management's and in various other Indian Universities. Yes, as far as my knowledge is concerned you are eligible to appear in CAT Examination. As you have opted Arts stream in Higher Secondary education level, I suggest you to pursue B.A course in order to be eligible for appearing in CAT Examination.

>> Bachelor's Degree (Graduation) with minimum 50% marks or its equivalent GPA (45% marks in case of PWD, SC, ST Candidates).

>> Candidates who are pursuing their Final year degree are eligible to appear in CAT Examination.
29th December 2015, 06:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely, a student can appear for CAT after taking Arts in 11th standard.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

CAT is an entrance exam conducted by IIM at the national level for admission in management programmes.This is an online exam conducted every year.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate from a recognized university.The candidates appearing for the final year of any graduation degree course can also apply for the exam.

-There is no age limit to sit for the exam.

- There is no limitations on the no. of attempts to apply for the exam.

-Selection procedure involves of following three stages:

* Written exam ,

* Group discussion , and

* Interview.
29th December 2015, 06:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria you just need graduation in any stream with 50% marks for CAT. Therefore, no need to worry about your class 11th stream because it has nothing to do with eligibility.

Just be prepared for CAT according to the syllabus and kind of questions which are asked. Complete your graduation in any stream and even arts stream will be accepted.
29th December 2015, 09:25 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a student can appear in CAT even after opting for Arts stream in 11th and 12th standard. Once you complete graduation, you will be eligible for CAT. Graduate of any discipline can appear for CAT. After passing CAT, one has to undergo interviews, group discussion and resume screening rounds to get finally selected for the MBA course. Now, MBA offering institutes are giving special weightage to students from Arts Background to get diversity in their institute. So you have a good chance; if you score well and crack all the rounds of selection, you can get admission in the top institutes of the country.
29th December 2015, 10:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for CAT:

A candidate with Bachelor's degree in Engineering, B.Tech, Post BSc, Post Diploma, Bachelor's degree from recognized university is important.

There is no age limit.

So, you have to be very determined in order to achieve your target.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?