16th April 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Which degree is to be applied for as I want to pursue in the field of makeup and aesthetics?

I'm a student of arts stream of class 12th. My subjects are : economics, entrepreneurship , psychology, political science and English.. And I'm sitting for my board exams.
1). I have keen interest in the field of makeup and aesthetics. Is there any particular graduation degree study available in this particular feild .
2). What are the other graduation degree options I can choose to make a good career.
3). Please give me a list of graduation degrees which are available in India according to my subjects in 12th.

18th April 2016, 10:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree is to be applied for as I want to pursue in the field of makeup and aesthetics?

Aesthetics training program are typically offered at standalone vocational schools, cosmetology schools or community colleges. One must complete between 600 and 1500 hours of classroom and practical training before being eligible to take the licensing exam full stop. Most States licence exams include written and practical components. Post stand the aesthetics certificate and degree programs typically consists of training in skin care techniques, makeup applications and the removal of unwanted facial and body hair.
19th April 2016, 03:34 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which degree is to be applied for as I want to pursue in the field of makeup and aesthetics?

# As there is no any long-term course in make-up and aesthetics available. Only few following short-term courses are available:

* Certificate in Cosmetology
* Diploma in Beauty Culture and Cosmetology
* Diploma Course in Comprehensive Make-Up Artistry
* Post-Graduate Diploma in Beauty Technology and Cosmetology
* Post-Graduate Diploma in Beauty, Hair and Make-up

# Required educational qualification:

* 10+2 in any stream for Certificate level and Diploma level courses.
* Graduation in any discipline for post-graduation level courses.

# Following personality traits must be imbibed in candidate are:

* Strong communication skill
* Pleasing personality
* Ability to work under pressure
* Creative and artistic mind
* Sound health and stamina
* Team-spirit
* Attractive personality

# Names of few institutes offering courses in make-up and aesthetics are:

* Pearl Academy, Noida/Delhi/Mumbai
* Lakme Training Academy, Delhi
* College of Health Care & Philanthropy, Faridabad, Delhi
* Elite Model Academy, New Delhi
* Institute for Creative Excellence, Koramangala, Bangalore
* VLCC Institute of Beauty & Nutrition, Airport (Old Airport), Bangalore
* Gaai's Beauty Institute, Mathikere, Bangalore
* Wow Academy, Jayanagar, Bangalore
Saloon Nayana Academy, Koramangala, Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?