8th March 2018, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech after completing BCA?

Hello guys, I am a BCA student of 2nd year. I want to study B.Tech after my BCA. Is it possible? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied science in 12th.

14th April 2018, 12:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech after completing BCA?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Tech course after completion of your BCA course. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board. You have to appear in National/ State/ University level entrance examinations to get admission in B.Tech course.
14th April 2018, 07:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For B.Tech admission, then minimum qualification required is class 12th PCM stream with 50% marks. Admission will be through entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

BCA degree is not going to make any difference. Just make sure you have the class 12th qualification with PCM stream.
15th April 2018, 05:20 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. It is a four-year Bachelor's degree course in the field of Engineering/ Technology. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. Admission in B.Tech course are done through National/ State/ University level engineering entrance examinations. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are a student of BCA second year, so, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech course.
15th April 2018, 11:38 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can study B.Tech course after the completion of BCA course.
Since, you have completed your class 12th examination, based on class 12th qualification you can apply for B.Tech course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized Board with scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for B.Tech course.
16th April 2018, 01:00 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

BCA is the Bachelor of Computer Application. As you have stated that you have study Bachelor of Computer Application and you want to do Bachelor of Technology. From my point of view, this is not a good choice as per your career as you have to spend four more years for doing a bachelor of technology.

Instead of B.Tech, you can go for MCA for better career prospects and job opportunities. However, if you want to do engineering, you must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 and you need to apply for Joint Entrance Examination for getting admission in top colleges like NITs, IITs, and other government colleges.

If you do not get success in this exam, you can get admission in engineering college under management quota seats based upon your percentage of marks in 10+2.
18th April 2018, 09:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech refers to Bachelor of Technology and same is a professional degree course of four years after completing which one heads towards becoming an engineer.

The basic education required for pursuing B.Tech degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognized board of education. Students holding diploma in engineering degree course are also eligible.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to pursue B.Tech degree course being a student of BCA degree course then as stated above you are eligible for pursuing B.Tech degree if you hold the basic educational requirement for pursuing B.Tech degree course mentioned above otherwise not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?