8th March 2018, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to appear in CPT to study IPCC program after completing BBA(H)?

Hello guys, I am really confused regarding this issue. Actually I want to know about IPCC. I am studying in BBA final semester and would like to do ICAI course after my graduation. So, after my graduation I have to give CPT or I can get direct admission?

14th April 2018, 06:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to appear in CPT to study IPCC program after completing BBA(H)?

If you haven't completed your degree with 60% marks, then you won't be eligible for CA IPCC directly and have to appear for CPT based on your class 12th.

For direct CA IPCC registration, you need to have a bachelor degree in commerce with 55% marks or a bachelor degree in any stream with 60% marks.
14th April 2018, 06:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Do I have to appear in CPT to study IPCC program after completing BBA(H)?

IPCC refers to Integrated Professional Competence Course and same is the stage second of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course and for appearing in the same examinations the candidates generally have two options:-

I) The first option is to complete the CA foundation course by qualifying CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ). For this process, the minimum education required is a Class 12th from a recognized board of education.

ii) The second option is through the direct entry scheme in which a candidate is exempted from CPT and hence one can appear in IPCC directly. But, for this entry you are required to have completed your bachelor degree in commerce stream with 55% or in another stream with 60% marks from a recognized university.

So, having completed your BBA degree course you are eligible for IPCC through direct entry if you have completed your BBA degree course with the mentioned percentage of marks otherwise you will have start from CPT.
15th April 2018, 04:12 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your BBA (H) course, you are eligible to directly register for IPCC without appearing in CPT examination only if you secure at least 60% aggregate marks in your BBA (H) course from a Government recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Commerce stream with at least 55% aggregate or in Non-Commerce stream with at least 60% aggregate marks from a Government recognised university are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly apply or register for IPCC.
15th April 2018, 08:35 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to appear in CPT examination after completion of your BBA (H) course only, if you have secured at least 60% aggregate marks in your BBA (H) course from a recognised university. If you have secured less than 60% aggregate marks in your BBA (H) course, you have to appear in CPT examination for getting admission in CA course.
16th April 2018, 06:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of your Graduation course which is BBA, you are not eligible for the direct appearance in the IPCC examination.
In order to be eligible for direct examination of IPCC, candidates must have to complete their Graduation in Commerce from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it. Since, you have done BBA, you have to appear in the CPT examination on the basis of class 12th education.
18th April 2018, 09:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPCC refers to Integrated Professional Competence Course and same is the stage second of three staged CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

As far as you are concerned about the need to appear in CPT for pursuing IPCC after completion of your BBA degree course then I would like to let you know that you can skip CPT and register for IPCC directly through the direct entry scheme if you manage to pass out your BBA degree course with 60% marks from a recognized university otherwise you need to first complete the foundation course in CA by qualifying CPT and then you will be eligible to pursue IPCC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?