16th March 2015, 10:31 PM
016hnoor

Is doing 12th science a better option if compared to doing Diploma? What are its advantages and disadvantages?

Is doing 12th science a better option if compared to doing diploma??? what are its advantages and disadvantages? Can someone please guide with all the facts on the both the path to ensure that I will pick the right one? plzz tell me.....

Related Questions:
  1. Is doing 12th better option when compared to doing diploma course?
  2. Advantages and disadvantages of diploma in electronics
  3. Advantages and disadvantages of Electronics Diploma from IETE?
  4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing engineering after diploma?
  5. Advantages and disadvantages of choosing CS as a career option? What is the salary package? I want to make my career in CS
  6. Which group is better in engineering? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
  7. What are the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietor?
  8. What are the core branches in Computer Science and Engineering? Advantages and disadvantages of the branch? Job opportunities in the branch in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What are the advantages and disadvantages of core engineering studies?
  10. Will there be any disadvantages for me by joining Diploma course after completion of 10th Class?
  11. What is business? What are the objectives, Advantages and Disadvantages?
  12. Advantages and disadvantages of getting a medical seat in a Government college?
  13. Procedure to do CA and B.Com together?
  14. Merits and Demerits to study Automobile Engineering Diploma on 10th basis? Scope of Automobile Engineering Diploma?
  15. What are the major advantages and disadvantages of giving JEE mains exam via offline and online mode
  16. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th for Aerospace Engineer aspirant?
  17. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  18. Can I prepare for both RAS and IAS Exams while doing Job?
20th March 2015, 08:32 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Is doing 12th science a better option if compared to doing Diploma? What are its advantages and disadvantages?

12th standard course must be done in degree format. Whether you do it in vocational courses or science or commerce or any other stream, 12th standard must never be done in diploma.
Later on you are expected to do a job in industrial field or business domain or academics. In any of these cases candidates are considered who have done degree courses all their life. So the big disadvantage of diploma courses are they are a barrier in higher level jobs. Whether you know the field or not will come later. At the very beginning they will check your resume, for the pass percentages in your degree courses. If you fail to provide that, they will not proceed with you any further.

But the advantage of diploma courses is that it helps in getting practical jobs. It helps in getting those jobs where your degree course will make you sound over qualified. Say, BPO trainee or international counselors, etc. There a diploma course will help you know the background of the job better and handle it in a better way, in comparison to people having degree course certificates. But the salary is also low. In such cases you might get as low as Rs. 6,000 per month. Instead if you do a job in a consultancy firm you can earn as good as 10 lac a year. But for that you need degree certificates all through. I hope I could clarify your doubts.
25th March 2015, 08:33 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is doing 12th science a better option if compared to doing Diploma? What are its advantages and disadvantages?

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.Both 12th and diploma courses have their specifications.

2.If you do 12th standard it will be for 2 years and you will have better knowledge on the subjects you choose.

3.By choosing 12th you will not have any idea about the subject which you will study in your graduation.

4.But by doing diploma you will have better knowledge about the subject that you study in your graduation course.But diploma course is for 3 years.

5.Moreover by doing diploma you can even join in job after completing diploma where you will do not have this opportunity in 12th standard.

Hope this information is helpful you.................

Have a nice day....................
30th March 2015, 01:50 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 016hnoor View Post
Is doing 12th science a better option if compared to doing diploma??? what are its advantages and disadvantages? Can someone please guide with all the facts on the both the path to ensure that I will pick the right one? plzz tell me.....
It is always student opting for 12th science has better career option than diploma courses in contrast to higher studies.
The minimum course duration for the diploma is 3 years where for 12 th is 2 years .
12 th class emphasised on the understanding of the subjects for further higher studies.
Diploma courses are benefited for those student who have interest in a specific field and want job after the completion of the course.
Also diploma courses gives practical knowledge that is helpful at the time of job.

for 12 th student there wide scope for doing the different courses after it and skill to their certificate.
so it depend upon the interest of the student what his/her goal in the future.
In my opinion i prefer student to go for 12th class science so that you can evaluate your interest and take decision in favour of future studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?