7th March 2014, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Duration of CA after BBM? Procedure for it?

Sir,
i would like to do CA after completion of BBM.
what is the duration to be a CA after BBM.
and what is the procedure for that?

8th March 2014, 10:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration of CA after BBM? Procedure for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
i would like to do CA after completion of BBM.
what is the duration to be a CA after BBM.
and what is the procedure for that?
Hey friend,

CA - Chartered Accountant

To become a Chartered Accountant you need to write the entrance exam for it and it is the CA CPT exam which stands for Common Proficiency Test.This test is
entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course.

This test consist of four subjects:
  • Accounting,
  • Mercantile Laws,
  • General Economics and
  • Quantitative Aptitude.

This test is of 200 marks. This test is divided into two sessions of two hours each.Common Proficiency Test is a objective type multiple choice based examination.

To be eligible to write this test you must enroll yourself in the Board of Studies of ICAI.The candidate who has completed +2 from a recognized school board of education is eligible to take up the Test.

This test is conducted 4 times a year on the months of February, May, August and November.

Having told that you have completed BBM which is a UG course you can apply for the Test.
1st May 2019, 12:51 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Default Re: Duration of CA after BBM? Procedure for it?

The minimum duration of the Chartered Accountancy Course for a person joining after Class XIIth (i.e. through CPT Route) is 4.5 years. The minimum duration of the Chartered Accountancy Course for a person joining after Graduation (i.e. through Direct Entry Scheme) is 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?