8th February 2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for AIPMT after passing Biology through National institute of Open schooling?

I passed the 12std WITH PCM in 2010. Now currently I AM pursuing graduation in B.Sc (h) chemistry. Can I will be eligible for AIPMT IF I pass BIOLOGY through National institute of open schooling after graduation.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria to appear in AIPMT for 12th NIOS students?
  2. Eligibility to join NDA for National Institute of Open Schooling candidate?
  3. National Institute of Open Schooling Senior SecondaryExam-Biology (314) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. How to do BBA after passing 12th from National Institute of open Schooling?
  5. National Institute of Open Schooling Secondary Exam-Science (212) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Can I be eligible for Aligarh Muslim University entrance after passing senior secondary from National Institute of Open Schooling Noida?
  7. Eligibility to appear in AIIMS Para Medical Exam for National Institute of Open Schooling candidate?
  8. How to get character certificate after passing 12th from open schooling?
  9. Can NOS passed students get government jobs?
  10. National Institute of Open Schooling, Senior Secondary Exam-Computer Science (330) Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  11. Is NIOS board a recognized board? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is 10 2 from National Institute of Open Schooling accepted in IIHM admission?
  13. After 12th from NIOS can we have admission in any college or university?
  14. Am I eligible for NDA after studying higher secondary in national institute of open schooling?
  15. Can National Institute of Open Schooling students apply for admission in IPU?
  16. National Institute of Open Schooling Senior Secondary -Home Science (321) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Whether NIOS certificate is valuable for All India PMT or not?
  18. Whether the value of CBSE Board and NIOS Board is same?
8th February 2016, 09:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for AIPMT after passing Biology through National institute of Open schooling?

No, you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT examination if you have passed only Biology subject from NIOS Board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks and those who have passed English in the 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination. Since, you have not pursued PCB stream from the same board, you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT examination.
8th February 2016, 11:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for AIPMT after passing Biology through National institute of Open schooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed the 12std WITH PCM in 2010. Now currently I AM pursuing graduation in B.Sc (h) chemistry. Can I will be eligible for AIPMT IF I pass BIOLOGY through National institute of open schooling after graduation.
If you fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for AIPMT exam.

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIPMT 2016 exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
8th February 2016, 11:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for AIPMT, kindly have a look at it;

> The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with subjects Physics, chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English

> Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks aggregate in Physics,Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology.

> For SC/ST and OBC candidates ,it is 40% instead of 50%.

> For general Physically Handicapped students ,the marks required is 45% ,and for SC?ST and OBC - PH it is 40%.

> The students who are appearing in class 12th this year are also eligible to appear.
8th February 2016, 11:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me there is no such provision to pursue such courses after completing graduation.

Eligibility criteria for AIPMT are given below:-

Candidate must have passed their higher secondary education from a recognized school or college.

Candidate must have at least 50% aggregate.

Candidate must have PCM as their main subject along with english as compulsory subject.
9th February 2016, 12:31 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for AIPMT as you have not taken Biology as one of your main subjects in your 12th boards and appearing for Biology examination from NIOS board will not help you in any way.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?