27th April 2015, 04:18 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Sc(Statistics) for 12th Computer Science student?

Hello Sir,
I have passed my 12th with Computer Science.
Can I still eligible for admission in B.Sc Statistics?
Please reply to me asap.
Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study Computer Science in 12th?
  2. How should I study CA after completing 12th computer science? Are there any colleges to study CA in tamilnadu?
  3. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  4. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  5. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  6. How to study MS in computer science in USA? I have scored 5.58 CGPA in my B.E in computer science
  7. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  8. What to do after completion of 12th class to become a Pilot? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Computer Science related courses available in Abroad for 12th student?
  10. How can I become a Pilot after studying in 11th computer science?
  11. MCA or M.Sc(Computer Science) which is better to study for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  12. Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Commerce student who haven't studied Computer Application?
  13. In which college should I study MCA in Abroad after completing B.Sc in Computer Science? Eligibility criteria and requirements to study?
  14. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  15. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  16. Which exam to attend to study abroad after completing Diploma in Computer Science?
  17. Possibility to study M.Tech(Computer Science) after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  18. Can a biology student study BSc Computer Science? Where can I study in India? What is the requirement?
30th April 2015, 05:32 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Sc(Statistics) for 12th Computer Science student?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for B.Sc (Statistics). There is no doubt about that. To apply for B.Sc(Statistics) course, you should have completed intermediate from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate (55% marks for reserved categories). You must have studied Mathematics at intermediate level. There are no entrance examinations for B.Sc(Statistics) but few reputed institutions conduct the entrance examination. After B.Sc(Statistics), you can go for the M.Sc (Statistics) as well.
30th April 2015, 07:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Sc(Statistics) for 12th Computer Science student?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Sc. (Statistics) course after completion of your 12th Computer Science course. No entrance examination is conducted for providing admissions to this course. You can get direct admission to pursue this course based upon your 12th standard Board examination marks. The duration of this course is 3 years. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with Computer Science course from a recognised board, you are eligible to pursue B.Sc. (Statistics) course.
1st May 2015, 12:36 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You will be eligible for the course if you have passed the Class 12 Board Examination with the Mathematics as one of your Subjects.
If you have passed the Board Examination with Mathematics as one of your Subjects then you will be eligible to get admission.
You will need to have at least 70% in aggregate in your Class 12 Board Examination.
In Mathematics you will need at least 75% to be able to get admission into the course of B.Sc in Statistics.
So if you are having the required marks in the Subjects mentioned then you will be able to get admission into the course of B.Sc in Statistics.
1st May 2015, 01:04 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If you have pursed "Mathematics" as one of the subjects during your 12th Class, then you are certainly eligible to pursue B.Sc in Statics. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course i.e., B.Sc in Statistics is "12th Class" or Intermediate in 10+2 pattern in any discipline from a recognized state/ central board or university. If you have pursued Mathematics as the main subject then you are eligible otherwise you cannot pursue this B.Sc (Statistics) course. After successful completion of B.Sc Statics course, you may find employment opportunities in Insurance Companies, Marketing organizations, Staff Selection Commission and Union Public Service Commission for the posts of Indian Statistical Investigator and Subordinate Statistical Investigator.
1st May 2015, 01:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have passed my 12th with Computer Science.
Can I still eligible for admission in B.Sc Statistics?
Please reply to me asap.
Thank you.
If you have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board then you are eligible for admission in B.Sc in Statistics.

Your age should be above 17 years.
1st May 2015, 08:42 AM
GoluBoss
Junior Member+

B.Sc statistic is a 3 year undergraduate program.
Under this program ,students study about utilizing the numeric data associated with the group of individual.
Students must have passed Higher secondary examination in science stream with mathematics as one of subject.
So,you are not eligible to study B.Sc statistic at graduate level as you are a student of commerce stream in 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?