14th May 2016, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study Bachelor of Social Work for 12th NIOS candidate? Percentage required in 10th and 12th to get admission?

Hi,
l have finished my 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling and l am interested in doing Bachelor of Social Work. So, can l get admission for BSW course? How much percentage is required for it in 10th and 12th? Please give me reply as I don't have any other source to know it.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to study 12th NIOS directly for home-schooled candidate?
  2. How can I join MSW course after completing B.Com CS
  3. Can I do MSW after graduation in B.A Economics(Honors)
  4. Best college to study Bachelor of Fine Arts in India? Eligibility criteria and percentage required in 12th to get admission?
  5. Eligibility to study BBM in Abroad for NIOS candidate?
  6. Eligibility to pursue Bachelor in Physiotherapy for 12th Science from NIOS Board passed candidate?
  7. Possibility to appear in 12th NIOS for a candidate who has discontinued study 8 years ago?
  8. Can I get admission to study in 12th NIOS immediately if completed 10th NIOS?
  9. How to do MSW from IGNOU? I am a regular law student form CCS university
  10. Whether a differently abled candidate is eligible to study Science additionally in 10th ICSE? Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS will enable his admission in Professional colleges?
  11. Eligibility to apply for 10th and 12th from NIOS for a candidate who has completed 9th WBBSE about 5 years ago? Eligibility to apply JEE Main and Advanced?
  12. Can I get admission for BSc(Agriculture) in Calcutta University being an NIOS student? Percentage required in 12th to get admission?
  13. Is it difficult to study MBBS in Japan if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  14. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS being a 10th IGCSE candidate?
  15. Can I do correspondance BA or B.Com after failing in Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Hotel Management if completed 12th NIOS?
  17. Chances to study Bachelor of Hotel Management in Abroad for NIOS student?
  18. Courses available to study in Singapore on 12th basis for NIOS student?
16th May 2016, 09:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Bachelor of Social Work for 12th NIOS candidate? Percentage required in 10th and 12th to get admission?

NIOS qualification is accepted by most of the UGC recognized university for admission in bachelor degree course admission. Hence, don't worry about your qualification at the moment.

Admission will be according to the university procedure. Some give admission based on marks in class 12th and others conduct their own entrance exam. There is no specific cut off and it changes every year.
17th May 2016, 12:16 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Bachelor of Social Work for 12th NIOS candidate? Percentage required in 10th and 12th to get admission?

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue BSW course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination or its equivalent examination from recognized board of education.

The candidate must have secured above 60% of marks to apply for BSW course.

The duration of the course is 3 years.
17th May 2016, 05:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Bachelor of Social Work for 12th Class NIOS Candidates:

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BSW (Bachelor of Social Work) even after completion of 12th Class from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) board. Generally there is no certain percentage criteria required in order to do this course. But to be on safe side and the recommended percentage is 60% marks in 12th Class.

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

>> As NIOS is a recognized university, you no need to worry about the board from which you have completed 12th Class.

>> Candidates from Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or Social Science will be preference to this course.
17th May 2016, 06:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such percentage requirement in order to opt for the course. You will just have to appear for a small admission test conducted by the Institute itself.

In some colleges, admission is provided directly on the basis of marks scored in 12th examination.
18th May 2016, 12:42 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study NIOS for 12th NIOS candidate? Percentage required in 10th and 12th to get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
l have finished my 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling and l am interested in doing Bachelor of Social Work. So, can l get admission for BSW course? How much percentage is required for it in 10th and 12th? Please give me reply as I don't have any other source to know it.
Since, NIOS is recognized educational board. There are so universities accept the certificate earned by the NIOS University. Being a 12th standard NIOS student you re definitely eligible for Bachelor of Social Work.

Eligibility Criteria:

=> Applicants pursing for Bachelor of Social Work course should have completed their 12th standard in any discipline from a recognized board.

=> The minimum marks for the admission of the candidates vary from colleges to colleges. One need to score at least 55% of marks at 12th board examination. Various reputed Universities and colleges even conduct their own admission test as well.
11th March 2020, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage should I have in 2 for getting addition for BSW in kerala
29th June 2020, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

How much syllabus required for bsw course??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?