15th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam should I write to pursue Marine Engineering? Procedure to be followed?

Hi Sir, I am Abhijit Ojha completed 12th Class with 59% marks. I would like to pursue Marine Engineering in B.Tech. So please tell me the procedure to be followed to do this course. Which Entrance Examination should I appear in to pursue Marine Engineering course? Please send the details to my Email ID - [email protected] and Phone No - 8598901837

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Post Graduation in Marine Engineering after BE E&TC? Duration of course?
  2. Do I need to write an entrance exam for admission in B.Tech Marine Engineering even if I scored 65% marks in class 12th? -- [New]
  3. Which college is suitable to pursue graduation in marine in marine engineering? What is the joining procedure for it?
  4. What is the procedure to pursue Marine Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  6. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  7. Can I pursue Marine Engineering from any College? Which Colleges in Indian offer Marine Engineering course and what is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  8. Procedure to be followed for Marine Engineering? Is there any entrance exam?
  9. How to join merchant navy on the basis of 12th PCM?
  10. What should be my first step to join marine engineering?
  11. Entrance procedure for marine engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How much marks should I score in +2 to study B.Tech in Marine engineering?
  13. What is the procedure to pursue LLB course after the completion of class 12th? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  14. How to apply for Marine Engineering course in LBS Marine & Research institute in Mumbai?
  15. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  16. How may I join marine engineering after passing class 12th? Which entrance exam do I need to clear for it?
  17. Can I pursue Marine engineering after having eyesight less than 2?
  18. Is there any entrance exam which I can give to join marine engineering after completion of 12th standard?
16th June 2016, 06:50 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam should I write to pursue Marine Engineering? Procedure to be followed?

Some of the colleges were offering the Marine Engineering course and conducting the Entrance test to get the admission into their institute. List of some Entrance test for marine Engineering are given below.

1. MERI : Marine Engineering and Research Institute Entrance Test.
2. IMU CET : Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test.
3. AICET : All India Common Entrance Test.
4. Gate : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If your interested to pursue Marine Engineering course then you are required to qualify the 10+2 with the Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. These are the compulsory subjects in intermediate level. Then you need to qualify in the common entrance examination.
16th June 2016, 11:52 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam should I write to pursue Marine Engineering? Procedure to be followed?

Marine engineering is a very good course with wider scope in the future. For the admission in Marine Engineering course you need to appear any one entrance examination like MERI, AICET, IIT JEE and IMU CET. To get admission in Marine Engineering you must fulfill the following eligibility as given below.

>> Candidate must have pass in 12th class with a minimum of 60% for general category and 55% for Reserved category candidate in n Physics, Chemistry, Math.

>> The age of the candidate not be greater than 25 years.

After appearing in the entrance examination you can go for admission in many college like K M School of Maritime Engineering,Kochi, Lal Bahudar Shastri of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research,Mumbai, Marine Engineering and Research Institute,Kolkata etc.
16th June 2016, 03:13 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am Abhijit Ojha completed 12th Class with 59% marks. I would like to pursue Marine Engineering in B.Tech. So please tell me the procedure to be followed to do this course. Which Entrance Examination should I appear in to pursue Marine Engineering course? Please send the details to my Email ID - [email protected] and Phone No - 8598901837

The aspirant should appear for Online Common Entrance Test conducted by the Indian Maritime University (IMU) to pursue B.Tech Marine Engineering course.
The eligibility to appear for the entrance is a pass in 10+2 with PCM with 60% marks. The duration of the course is 4 years. The age limit, the candidates should be less than 25 years.
The course is available in various colleges; you can find the list in the IMU Broucher. The website link is Official Website
16th June 2016, 06:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The best option for admission will be JEE Main which is conducted on central level. There are many state level engineering entrance exam also conducted.
Some maritime universities also have their own entrance exam for admission in marine engineering B.Tech course. All you need is class 12th qualification with PCM stream.
16th June 2016, 10:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will have to appear for JEE(Main) examination and should score pretty well in the examination in order to be eligible to get admission in any good college/university. Once you have scored the cut-off marks, you will then be redirected to the various formalities for admission and after completing all the documentation work, you will be most eligible for admission in the above mentioned course.

The procedure is quite simple, after scoring well in your examination, if you are allotted marine engineering course during the counselling rounds, you should very well opt for it and then follow the admission procedure of the respective college/university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?