23rd January 2018, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Is fashion designing possible for a science stream student?

Hi, I am Gigyasa Raj from Kerala. I love to study fashion designing. I am a twelth standard science student. Is fashion designing possible for a science student. Is it so tough to study?

23rd January 2018, 02:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is fashion designing possible for a science stream student?

Yes, definitely a 12th pass student with science stream can pursue fashion designing degree course because there is no hard and fast rule to take admission in this course. So you can prepare yourself for the NIFT entrance examination and you have to go through the prescribed syllabus of this Entrance exam. You must have to inculcate all those characteristics in yourself as well as qualities that a real fashion designer needs to be.
23rd January 2018, 02:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, fashion designing course is possible for a science stream student.

The minimum eligibility criteria to join fashion designing course:-

The candidate must have done 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks in any discipline.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

You have to qualify the entrance exam if you want to take admission in government institute.

National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mohali

Symbiosis Institute of Design, Maharashtra

National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kolkata

Pearl Academy of Fashion, Jaipur

Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, Mohali.
23rd January 2018, 08:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible for pursuing degree courses in designing having completed your Class 12th in Science stream as for designing courses the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

As far as you are concerned about the same course being a tough subject then as my view of designing attracts you so the same course will seem easier to you as you have interested the same. Further, the same course tests your designing and creative thinking skills to come up with some new idea of design.
23rd January 2018, 09:43 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as you are science stream student of 12th standard, so you are eligible for fashion designing course after completing 12th. Candidates from any stream can pursue fashion designing. After completing 12th standard with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board, you can apply for bachelor's degree in fashion designing course. You can get admission in fashion designing colleges through the marks scored in 12th examination or you can get admission on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examination which is conducted by most of the reputed colleges. It is not at all tough to study, however it depends upon how you cope up with the stream. If you work hard then nothing is difficult for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?