27th August 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

How a girl can become a good English Journalist?

Sir, I知 a girl I知 in class 11. I want to become a journalist my English is good. I can communicate well in Hindi English both. I motivate people also well. Thank you.

27th August 2017, 05:06 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a girl can become a good English Journalist?

To become a journalist, one has to opt Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree in journalism/mass communication. Admission to the course is carried out through the Entrance exams. These exams are conducted by various journalism institutes usually held in the month from May - July every year.

Eligibility criteria required to become a journalist:-

- The candidate must be 12th pass in any stream with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized board to get admission for Bachelor degree in journalism .

- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in journalism to get admission for Post graduate degree courses .

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.

-The candidate should have good command over current affairs.

-Selection criteria involves of written test followed by Group discussions and Interview.
27th August 2017, 05:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I知 a girl I知 in class 11. I want to become a journalist my English is good. I can communicate well in Hindi English both. I motivate people also well. Thank you.

To become an English Journalist, candidates have to study BA in Journalism course. After completion of the course, she can pursue her career in the journalism profession. There are many girl candidates working in the journalism industry. Journalism field contains print journalism and electronic journalism. In print journalism, girl candidates can find jobs in newspapers, magazines, publishing companies etc. In electronic journalism, there are jobs available for the eligible candidates in the TV, Radio and Internet. Candidates knowledge and ability to speak and write is more important than a degree one holds for the journalism profession.
28th August 2017, 05:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become a Journalist, candidates must have to opt Bachelors degree in Journalism/Mass Communication and can also opt Post Graduation in Journalism for a better scope in the field.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Bachelors degree in Journalism and after completing Bachelors they are eligible to opt for Masters degree as well.
Candidates must have a good communication skill, writing skill as well as listening skill to do well in this field.
Some of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination for admission in Bachelors degree course in Journalism. Candidates must qualify in the entrance examination to get admission in different Colleges.
14th October 2017, 02:00 PM
kunalroy89

You have to opt for Graduation in Journalism or Mass communication after 12th. Try for topmost colleges/universities around India as they would provide you with solid platform and reputed alma mater.
If these courses are not available,opt for Graduation in Arts with English.
In any case, complete your post graduation in Journalism or Mass communication.
With the rapid emergence of private news channels and papers,job opportunities are high for deserving and talented candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?