29th August 2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue fashion designing after 12th with PBC group?

I am studying in standard 12th with PBC group but I am interested in fashion designing and my 100% focus is towards this field only. Can I do this? How to get admission in NIFD? Please answer me as early as possible.

29th August 2016, 07:16 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to pursue fashion designing after 12th with PBC group?

NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. It was established in the year 1986. It is affiliated to Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. National institutes of fashion technology offer admission in UG and PG courses through an entrance examination.

For admission in Fashion Designing course candidate must have passed 12th class form a recognized university of education. The minimum percentage required for Fashion Designing course in your 12th class is 50%. Maximum age of the candidate should not exceed 23 years. 5 year age relaxation in the case of candidate belonging to reserved category. Selection Procedure on the basis of General Ability Test and Creative Ability Test.
29th August 2016, 08:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue Fashion Designing degree course after 12th:

Candidate must have done 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised board and it should not be less than 17 years. You must have Indian citizenship. You have to appear in the entrance exams like NIFT, NIFD, SOFT etc. to get admission in top Institute of Fashion Designing in India. Admission is given on the basis of rank obtained in the merit list of the entrance exam.
29th August 2016, 09:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Fashion Designing course after 12th with PBC group.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in B.Des course after 10+2 is that candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board in any discipline.

So, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted by NIFT. The maximum age limit is 23 years. For more information about examination visit at www.nift.ac.in.
29th August 2016, 10:48 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Students from any stream (science, arts, commerce) at 12th standard can opt for fashion designing field. But few institutes require science as compulsory subject at 12th standard for admission.

You cannot do fashion designing without mathematics. If you are making or designing clothes, you will have to find ways to lay patterns out of efficiently which requires geometry, algebra, topology and calculus (control theory). For this reason mathematics is a compulsory subject.

Selection of candidates to under graduate courses in NIFD is done on the basis of a written test conducted by NIFD itself
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?