23rd August 2016, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to complete graduation on regular basis or I can do graduation through distance learning?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my 12th exame.i want start preparation for IAS exame.So, for that should i have to
Complete graduation on regular basis or i can do it throug Distance learning,which can provide lots of time fo study..

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission into MBA with 42.5%? Best institute for MBA in Distance Learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should I do masters in Law by distance learning or regular? I have scored 48% in graduation
  3. Can I take admission for post graduation(MCA) after completing B.Com graduation in distance education
  4. Is it possible to completed B.Sc or B.Tech and BCA in the same time?
  5. Am i eligible for a regular post graduation courses? What should i choose between MBA or M.Sc? I have done my B.Sc degree through distance learning program
  6. Should I repeat B.Tech in Civil Engineering being a CSE graduate and having 8 months of Programming experience?
  7. What are the scope of doing MBA through distance learning? Is it different from the regular course?
  8. Can I get a PG without having graduation through distance learning program?
  9. Is there in difference in value of doing B.SC IT from regular and distance learning?
  10. How can I complete my B.Com degree now, which I dropped 15 years back?
  11. How can I complete my graduation through distance learning in Pune?
  12. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  13. Can I complete my 2nd year of PG in Zoology through distance education?
  14. Fee structure of B.Ed education in Mumbai College?
  15. Procedure to apply for BSc Botany in distance mode? -- [New]
  16. Admission in college for completing graduation in regular basis with a gap? Number of gap years allowed between 12th and graduation on regular? Procedure of applying Gap certificate?
  17. Will there be a problem if I do post graduation through regular after completing BCA through distance mode?
  18. Is it possible to complete LLB graduation course from distance education?
24th August 2016, 01:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to complete graduation on regular basis or I can do graduation through distance learning?

You can pursue your degree in any ( regular or correspondence ) from recognised university.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can start preparation for examination if you want to qualify in examination and become an I.A.S Officer. For more information about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th August 2016, 03:02 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to complete graduation on regular basis or I can do graduation through distance learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed my 12th exame.i want start preparation for IAS exame.So, for that should i have to
Complete graduation on regular basis or i can do it throug Distance learning,which can provide lots of time fo study..
The aspirant should study graduation in regular mode only, because the regular mode graduation is more valuable for the jobs in private sector organizations.
The distance degree will not be considered by the top companies in India for a job. It is very difficult to get a job in a reputed organization with distance degree course. So it is always advisable to study the graduation course in regular mode only. You can study the Post Graduation course in distance mode. The value for the regular mode degree is higher than a distance mode degree.
24th August 2016, 03:42 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the IAS exam after completing your graduation through distance education.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

The eligibility criteria in order to appear for IAS exam are as follows:

> Candidate should be citizen of India.

> Candidate should complete the graduation from any recognized board.

> There is no minimum percentage of marks required to be eligible for this exam.

> Candidates pursuing their final year are also eligible for this exam.

> Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years.

> Age relaxation of 3 years for the OBC candidates.

> Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

> Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

General category candidates can attempt upto 4 times for this exam, OBC candidates can attempt upto 7 times and for SC/ST candidates there is no limit.
24th August 2016, 05:13 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
UPSC conducts IAS examination every year.
To appear in IAS examination, candidate just need to have a graduation degree along with that they also need to be of age 21-32 years while appearing for it.

It doesn't matter that you have completed your graduation from regular or distance mode, you are eligible for IAS examination if you have graduation degree.
But from my point of view, it is better to complete graduation through regular mode with the subject which you want to choose in IAS examination so that it will be easier for you to prepare and you just need to focus on GS and English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?