22nd April 2015, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study BCA to pursue MCA for B.Sc(IT) candidate?

Hello,
I am doing B.Sc in IT.
In future I want to do MCA.
So, please tell me can I do MCA
after my B.Sc(IT) or I have to do
BCA first? Kindly tell me immediately.

23rd April 2015, 08:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study BCA to pursue MCA for B.Sc(IT) candidate?

You can directly pursue MCA course after completion of your B.Sc. (IT) course from a recognised university. There is no need to pursue BCA course after your B.Sc. (IT) course to get admission in MCA course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degreee in Engineering / Technology / Commerce / Banking / Business Administration / Computer Application / Science with Mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MCA course. Since, you have completed your Bachelor's degree in Science stream, then, you are eligible to pursue MCA course.
23rd April 2015, 09:02 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no compulsion of pursuing BCA to study MCA in future. Candidates from B.Sc (IT) background are also eligible to pursue MCA (Master of Computer Applications). Yes, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing MCA is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation from a recognized university. The minimum qualification required is "Candidates must have passed Graduation with Mathematics as one of the subjects". Since you are a B.Sc (IT) graduate you do not need to worry about doing MCA. As there is good scope for Computer Graduates, I suggest you to concentrate on core concepts of B.Sc (IT). Apart from this, concentrate on the programming languages namely, C, C++, Java, Oracle, .NET do lessen the difficulty while doing Post Graduation.
23rd April 2015, 11:37 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

No,it is not necessary to have BCA degree degree for admission in MCA.

Any student who have completed Bachelors degree with either Maths or IT can take apply for admission to MCA.

So, you can complete your Bachelors degree without any doubt then after take admission in any reputed college for MCA for better results in future.
23rd April 2015, 12:19 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, it is not necessary to study BCA to pursue MCA course. Any graduate candidates are eligible to apply for MCA course. No need to study BCA course and it is not mandatory. But, you should have studied mathematics at intermediate level. It is mandatory to apply for MCA course. MCA i.e Master of Computer Application and the duration of this course is 3 years. The course is divided into six semesters. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this course is that the candidate should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for general candidates and 55% marks for reserved categories. Final year of graduation may also apply. To get admission in MCA course, the candidate needs to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university. The entrance exam notification will be published in the month of March/April in the official website of their respective university.
24th April 2015, 02:14 PM
poojamit
Member+

After this course you can directly pursue MCA. Candidates who have completed their technology, Engineering, commerce, Computer application, Math with Science as one of the subjects from a recognised university, are eligible to get entrance into MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?