27th February 2017, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Tech in Petrochemical engineering after B.Tech IT?

I have completed B.Tech in Information Technology and want to pursue M.Tech in Petrochemical engineering. Is it possible? Which universities providing this course in India?

27th February 2017, 06:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Petrochemical engineering after B.Tech IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed B.Tech in Information Technology and want to pursue M.Tech in Petrochemical engineering. Is it possible? Which universities providing this course in India?

Sorry, it is not possible to do M.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering after completion of B.Tech in IT. The eligibility to study the M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering is a pass in B.Tech or B.E in Petroleum Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Production Engineering or Instrumentation and Control Engineering with at least 60% marks and candidates should have a valid GATE score. The course is available in the following universities like

Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology - Official Website

UPES - Official Website

AMET - Official Website
27th February 2017, 08:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Petrochemical engineering after B.Tech IT?

No, you can't study petrochemical engineering after B.Tech in information technology. These two streams are totally different from each other and don't have any link.

Therefore, you can't pursue such stream which doesn't have any link with your B.Tech stream. You can only study IT or any other stream which is open to anyone.
27th February 2017, 09:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, the candidate who has completed his/her B.Tech in IT are not eligible to pursue M.Tech in petroleum engineering. The candidate can pursue M.Tech in petroleum engineering if he has completed his B.Tech from any other stream, but IT candidates are not eligible as the entire work and environment is different and they don't have knowledge of this field so they cannot do M.tech in petroleum engineering.
27th February 2017, 10:08 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech. Petroleum Engineering or Master of Technology in Petroleum Engineering is a postgraduate Petroleum The duration of this course is two years.

For this course candidate must have passed BE/B.Tech with GATE from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in bachelor degree for Master of Technology in Petroleum Engineering is 50%. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to do M.Tech in Petrochemical engineering after B.Tech IT.

BEST UNIVERSITY FOR YOU

=> Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University - PDPU, Gandhinagar

=> Indian School of Mines University, Dhanbad

=> Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
3rd March 2017, 11:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.Tech in Information Technology, so you are not eligible for M.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering.

Those candidates who have B.Tech in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering from a recognized University are eligible for M.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering.

You must have a valid GATE score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?