21st July 2016, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Can a B.Tech student do masters in M.Tech? Will it be helpful to get a better job in future?

Can a B.Tech student do masters in M.Tech? Will it be helpful to get a better job in future? Or we can just start looking for jobs in B.Tech itself? Who can provide me the right information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course I can take up for doing Masters after completion of B.Tech ECE?
  2. What can the future prospects be after getting a BTech Biotech degree?
  3. Doing M.Tech after B.Tech(IT) is good or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which course to join after 10th having interest in Computer?
  5. Can rvd btech student do mtech in other universities ?
  6. Am i eligible for M.Tech correspondence course in foreign Universities and colleges? I have done my M.Sc(IT) degree through distance learning program
  7. What are the future scope of getting a job after completion of masters in Police Administration? -- [New]
  8. After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?
  9. Score required in XAT for admission to XLRI? Any quota for ST students? Course fee in XLRI?
  10. What is the future in M.Tech for B.Tech ECE student? Which colleges to prefer in Visakhapatnam? Can I get a seat in Visakhapatnam after scoring 5790 rank in PGCET?
  11. Is it required to do M.Tech to get job in High Profile Companies?
  12. List of colleges in Hyderabad offering B,Tech course through distance learning?
  13. Will software companies recruit M.E graduates through off campus? I am planning to do M.E in computer science after B.Tech IT
  14. Am I eligible for any MNC's after scoring 57% in B.Tech and 70% in Masters?
  15. Am I eligible to teach B.Tech, M.Tech students?
  16. Should I do a PG Diploma or Masters Overseas?
  17. Is M.Tech in Pipeline Engineering good for an EEE student? Is there any job scope in it?
  18. Which is better among B.Sc and B.Tech keeping future job prospective in mind?
21st July 2016, 10:04 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech student do masters in M.Tech? Will it be helpful to get a better job in future?

Yes, any student who had completed his/her bachelor's degree is eligible to pursue master's degree. For getting admission in master's degree course, you must have to score at least 55% marks in your graduation without any backlog.
After getting master's degree, you would have excellent knowledge in your field. Therefore after completion of your master's, you will have so many job opportunities in the market. You will get a job will good salary package. However you can also apply for the job after completion of your bachelor's degree, but comparatively with low salary package.
21st July 2016, 12:48 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech student do masters in M.Tech? Will it be helpful to get a better job in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a B.Tech student do masters in M.Tech? Will it be helpful to get a better job in future? Or we can just start looking for jobs in B.Tech itself? Who can provide me the right information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon.

The aspirant can search for jobs after B.Tech course in the core or noncore organizations. If the candidate wants to pursue his career in Teaching Profession or Government Jobs then he can study M.Tech. For other jobs B.Tech is enough, so you can search for jobs after B.Tech. If you study the M.Tech in IITs or some reputed institutions then you will get good job opportunities. For that you have to clear GATE with good score. So it is up to the individual to decide whether to study or not the M.Tech course.
21st July 2016, 01:07 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate passed bachelor in technology from a recognised university are eligible to pursue master in technology (2years).

The eligibility to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed B.Tech /M.Sc/MCA.

So, you are eligible for admission. Candidates interested in pursuing from government institutions such as IIT, NIT etc..can appear for GATE. GATE is conducted every year.
21st July 2016, 04:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a B.Tech student can surely opt for M.Tech course after having appeared for GATE examination and after clearing it, one will be eligible to get admission in M.Tech course in any good recognized college.

It will definitely help you to get a better job in future as your qualification level will be higher and you will have much more practical and theoretical knowledge about the subject than a regular B.Tech graduate.
21st July 2016, 05:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely a B.Tech student is eligible to pursue Masters in Technology. Hence you're eligible to pursue M.tech course.
After completion of your masters course you will have lot of job opportunities. You can go for job in well reputed company, College as Professor, Industries etc.
21st July 2016, 10:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate who have passed B.Tech course is eligible to do Masters degree course. To get admission in M.Tech course, you have to appear and qualify the GATE examination.
If you are not interested to pursue your higher studies then, you can also do a job. You can find a lot of job opportunities and get a good job in top companies if you have good communication skills, programming knowledge, etc.,. You can get definitely get a good job if you pursue M.Tech course after completion of your B.Tech course.
22nd July 2016, 12:54 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate passed B.Tech degree are eligible to get admission in M.Tech course.

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology and it is two year duration course. The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E from recognised university.

For candidates who have done simple graduation degree need to pursue master degree and then only become eligible for admission in M.Tech course.

Yes, there will be advantage of having degree in getting the job in MNC after master degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?