3rd January 2018, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue Bachelor of Arts through correspondence?

I have completed 10+2 at 1998 and admitted at bsc, but not completed due to some reason. Now I want to do bachelor of arts from correspondence course from any institute of India. Is it possible? Kindly guide me.

4th January 2018, 11:00 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue Bachelor of Arts through correspondence?

Yes, it is possible to pursue bachelor of arts through correspondence mode after educational gaps. Choose an institute which is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission) and Distance Education Council (DEC). After completing your graduation from any recognized institute you will get the certificate which will have a value as of regular mode and will be valid for all types of government and private jobs.
4th January 2018, 01:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed 10+2 at 1998 and admitted at bsc, but not completed due to some reason. Now I want to do bachelor of arts from correspondence course from any institute of India. Is it possible? Kindly guide me.

Yes, it is possible to pursue Bachelor of Arts through correspondence after completion of 12th standard. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations in any stream are eligible to study BA through correspondence mode. Duration of the BA course is three years. Candidates are admitted to the BA course based on their marks scored in the 10+2. BA course is available in correspondence mode in the following universities:

University of Mumbai - Official Website

University of Madras - Official Website

Panjab University - Official Website

Annamalai University - Official Website
4th January 2018, 06:42 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is quite possible to do Bachelor of Arts through correspondence. Candidates those who have completed 12th standard in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to take admission in BA course through correspondence. IGNOU is a well known open university which offer BA course through correspondence. Below I am providing details of IGNOU, you should go through it.

Indira Gandhi National Open University
Address: IGNOU Residential Campus Road, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
Phone: 011 2953 5438
4th January 2018, 06:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue Bachelor of Arts through correspondence mode after so many years of your 12th standard. Because there is no age bar to study through correspondence or private mode so you are definitely eligible.
4th January 2018, 10:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can certainly complete your bachelor degree in Arts stream in correspondence mode having completed your higher secondary school degree which is the required educational qualification for BA degree course.

For pursuing in BA degree course you can look for the options of open universities like IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ), KSOU ( Karnataka State Open University ), BRAOU ( Bhim Rao Ambedkar Open University ), etc. .
5th January 2018, 10:02 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in bachelor in arts course in a recognised university.

There is no bar on gap year to get admission in B.A course. But in some institute there is maximum age limit to get admission in few course.

So, you can visit official website of institute in which you want to get admission for any detail regarding the admission.
5th January 2018, 05:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very glad to know about your passion to study at this instant and I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you can opt for the Bachelors degree course in Arts through correspondence after a long gap in your studies. If you really want to pursue the above mentioned Bachelors degree course, you must have to apply in any University. Many of the Universities offer Bachelors degree courses through distance mode. Take admission in any of them and start studying the said course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?