22nd July 2016, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BA honors after failing in B.Sc Maths honors?

I have joined B.Sc Maths Honours but somehow I failed to secure good marks in Part II examination. Now I am willing to change the stream so can I do B.A (hons) under Calcutta University

Related Questions:
23rd July 2016, 12:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BA honors after failing in B.Sc Maths honors?

Yes, why not, you can definitely pursue Bachelor's degree in arts if you do want to continue your graduation in mathematics. But you will have to again get admission in first year of bachelor's degree in arts.

The admission in first year of bachelor's degree in arts is either done on basis of percentage of marks in 10+2 or entrance test.
23rd July 2016, 12:49 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can do that but for that you have to surrender your admission in the previous course.

For taking the new course, you would require the following documents :

* Transfer certificate.
* Migration Certificate (If applicable)
* Character Certificate.
* Gap certificate (as it would be deemed as a gap in your education)
* Previous mark sheets (Upto 12th class)

You can submit the above documents with the requisite fee to get the admission in the desired course.
23rd July 2016, 02:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate passed 10+2/equivalent from any recognised board are eligible for admission in the bachelor degree course.

So, if you want to get the admission in bachelor of arts by leaving the science stream you are eligible for admission in it.

The admission will be conducted on the basis of marks in best four subject in 10+2 board examination in Calcutta university.
23rd July 2016, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do B.A (Honours) course after failing in B.Sc. Mathematics (Honours). To be eligible to pursue B.A. (Honours) course, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised board. The duration of B.A. (Honours) course is 3 years. So, I suggest you to think twice before joining B.A. (Honours) course as you are already pursuing B.Sc. Mathematics (Honours) course. If you are not interested to pursue B.Sc. Mathematics (Honours) course, you can definitely opt for B.A. (Honours) course.
24th July 2016, 02:21 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much opt for BA Honors course even if you have failed in your B.Sc Mathematics course, provided you should have completed your +2 level of education with minimum passing marks from a recognized college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?