21st August 2017, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to pursue BHMS in distance mode?

I have completed my DHMS IN 1999. Now I need to have bachelor degree. Distance education how much frequently, I have to attend lecture in college? Is it fully authentic to get admission for MD in future? Where and when I have to give exams?

21st August 2017, 08:30 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to pursue BHMS in distance mode?

Yes, you can get admission in distance mode education in BHMS course, there is no issue in it. You will able able to get admission in MD in future, provided you should do well in your bachelors and should clear MD entrance examination in order to get admission and then continue with your studies further.
21st August 2017, 10:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, according to the guidelines of UGC, a graduation course which contains at least 40% of its path as practical cannot be done through the distance learning.
BHMS is a degree course in which all the subjects contain vital part as practicals.
So, you cannot pursue this course through distance mode. If any university claims this, then do not trust them.
21st August 2017, 10:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to pursue BHMS in distance mode:-

There are many institutes from where you can pursue the BHMS - Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery through distance education.

Eligibility criteria :-

The candidate should have passed 12th from a recognised board with 40% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or in PCB group.

If you have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the institution to get admission for BHMS course.
21st August 2017, 10:57 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that it is not possible to pursue BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) course form distance education.According to UGC (University Grant Commission), a graduation course which contains of atleast 40% of its pars as practical, can not be done through distance mode of education.
And since BHMS degree contains a vital part as practical so it is not allowed by UCG to pursue this course from distance mode.
A candidate who have completed 12th standard with 50% marks, and having Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as his/her main subjects, from a recognized university is eligible to pursue BHMS course.
21st August 2017, 11:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, according to the rules of UGC a graduation course which contains at least 40% of practicals cannot be done through the distance course.
BHMS is a 5 and half years degree course which contain practicals in all the subjects. So you can not pursue this course through distance learning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?