22nd July 2017, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to pursue law after 12th UP board?

I am 17 year old and belong my study UP board and I am worried about my future. Please tell me, what will be better for me to do law. Sir, please tell me I can do law after passing 12th.

23rd July 2017, 02:11 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to pursue law after 12th UP board?

There are two options to pursue an undergraduate law degree, one is 3 years course whose eligibility is graduation and the other is integrated LLB course which is five year duration course for 10+2 pass students.
There are generally two mode of admission in Law colleges, you can get direct admission on the basis of merit marks in the qualifying examination or you can take entrance test like CLAT, LSAT, AILET, LAWCET, etc which are conducted for LLB admission in India.Most of the law colleges of India offer admission in the basis of performance in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
23rd July 2017, 11:28 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who are interested to pursue law should have completed their 12th standard from recognized board. After that you have to get admission for 5 years integrated LLB course. But, before getting admission you have to appear for CLAT entrance examination and there is no age limit for that. Hence, if you qualify CLAT, then you can get admission in law college to pursue LLB course.
23rd July 2017, 08:14 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue law course after 12th then you have to pursue B.A LLB course which will be of five year duration.

Various universities and colleges offering the course conducts entrance examination for admission in course.

Some of the entrance examination conducted for admission are :

CLAT for admission in National Law universities.

BHU LAT for admission in BHU.

For detail about these examination visit at www.clat.ac.in. or www.bhuonline.in.
23rd July 2017, 08:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

This is not your age to worry so much and built pressure in your mind. Be focused and just study, it is all you need to have for a brighter future. If you are interested to get admission in reputed, Bar Council approved institutes, you have to appear for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) examination. This test is conducted to evaluate candidates’ general English skills, legal aptitude, logical skills etc. Those who want to get admission in the L.L.B. program must prepare for this test and score well in it. Some Private Institutes have their own Entrance examination to gauge the Legal Aptitude and skills of candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?