9th April 2014, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Scope of degree and universities in distance education?

Hi,

I have completed Bsc Computer Technology, and ritenw wrking in cognizant. But now i am in dilemma that I need to do PG, i have confused to choose degree and institution. Bcs, dng in corres is not worth.. but still i need to do some degree. nw my question is I have 3 options. kindly advice the one.

1, doing MCA in ignou, so that i can get some standard value and in companies they ll consider this degree, bcs ignou is well standard. but clearin the papers in ignou is very tough.

2, doing MCA in bharatiyar, so that i need not wry for semesters. it ll be very easy but the degree can oly be put in invitation. rather than any other use in tis degree in bharatiyar, but other side if i do here then i ll get leisure time to do some certifications regards my job

3, dng MS in cts. 4years course. i have interest to do tis but my parents getting fear of me hw ll manage of 4yrs and if i get marriage then i cnt continue this degree and i dono whether it have wide scope in my future.

13th April 2014, 11:30 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of degree and universities in distance education?

First of all, I would like to say that your spirit of learning is really appreciable. Even though you are working in reputed company like Cognizant, you are still aspiring for higher studies. Since you are working and if you do not want to leave your job you have to do your post graduation in correspondence mode.

Before deciding on the options, first of all you have to analyze your work pressure. If the work pressure is too high, you need to go for the easier option which is option number two- doing MCA in Bharatiyar university.

If you can handle your work pressure then you should go for the first option - doing MCA in IGNOU since the degree from IGNOU is valued all across India. Going for MS is not a good choice at this moment if you are not desperate about higher studies leaving your job.
15th May 2015, 10:30 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Scope of degree and universities in distance education?

According to the guidelines of the UGC, if a candidate completes his education through a recognized university, he will be called as the degree holder and there is nothing different in the scope of the regular degree or the corrospondance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?