22nd August 2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to study B.Sc in Physics to study M.Sc in Astronomy? Does Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy available in Mumbai?

Sir,
I have just given my 12th Board exam and interested in Astronomy. Please tell me what should I do to be eligible for study Astronomy? Is there any Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy in Mumbai? Or I have to study B.Sc with Physics then go for M.Sc in Astronomy?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  2. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student?
  3. How to become an Astronaut? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to join Astronomy course after completion of B.Sc in Mathematics?
  5. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  6. Can I get a job in ISRO or any bachelor astronomy course after completion of distance education in BSc Physics?
  7. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  8. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  9. What should I study to become an Astronomer? Can I study astronomy after 12th science or is diploma a good option?
  10. Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?
  11. List of top colleges offering M.Sc in Astronomy and Space Physics? Procedure to apply for this course?
  12. Any other exams or courses for study of Astronomy or Astrophysics apart from ISAT?
  13. Eligiblity criteria and universities offering Diploma in Astronomy Science with fee structure for BCA student?
  14. List of top colleges in India offering Post Graduation course in Cosmology?
  15. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  16. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  17. Courses and institutes for becoming an astrophysicist/theoretical physicist? Best institutes offering the course? Is it necessary to be on the merit list of IIT JEE/AIEEE?
  18. How to study for medicine or biology in general?
29th August 2015, 02:53 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to study B.Sc in Physics to study M.Sc in Astronomy? Does Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy available in Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have just given my 12th Board exam and interested in Astronomy. Please tell me what should I do to be eligible for study Astronomy? Is there any Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy in Mumbai? Or I have to study B.Sc with Physics then go for M.Sc in Astronomy?
Yes, you can do B.Sc in Physics after completing 12th standard in order to apply for Master Degree in Astronomy in future. The minimum educational qualification required for M.Sc in Astronomy, the student must have completed his Bachelor Degree with the subjects of Physics and Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university. The admission to the M.Sc in Astronomy is based on the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.

Colleges Offering Astronomy Course in India:

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar,
Colaba, Mumbai,
Maharashtra 400005 ‎
022 2280 4545 ‎

Homi Bhabha Centre For Science Education
V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd,
Mumbai,MH, 400088 ‎
022 2556 2132

Mumbai University
Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan, B Rd,
Churchgate, Mumbai,
Maharashtra ‎
022 2265 2819 ‎

Centre For Extra Mural Studies
(022) 65952761
2nd Floor, Health Centre Building, Vidyanagari Campus,
Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai - 400098

Indian Institute Of Herbal & Astrological
Room No-34, 4th Floor, B Wing, Pushparaj,
Pandurang Wadi, 6th Lane,
Goregaon East, Mumbai - 400063

Akash Ganga Centre for Astronomy
(0251) 2910128
288, Akash Ganga, Ambeshiv Khurd,
P O Yeranjad, Taluka Ambernath,
Badlapur, Thane - 421504
29th August 2015, 05:52 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to study B.Sc in Physics to study M.Sc in Astronomy? Does Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy available in Mumbai?

You must study the course of B.Sc in Physics and then you can go for M.Sc in Astrophysics which deals with Astronomy on a large scale.
This is the easiest option for you to be able to study Astronomy.
So you must take up the course of B.Sc in Physics.
There is no Bachelor's Course in Mumbai for Astronomy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?