22nd July 2017, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Should I take a year leave after 12th to join IIT or get admission in NIFT?

Sir, I have just given my IIT and B.F.Tech papers along with class 12th board exams. I have qualified NIFT but didn't expect good marks in JEE main. So, should I leave one year or go for admission in NIFT? But the important thing is, I wanted to pursue engineering.

23rd July 2017, 12:12 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I take a year leave after 12th to join IIT or get admission in NIFT?

What should select or what should not..it's totally depends upon your interest.
If you are really interested for engineering than you should go for JEE mains.
If you want to make your career in design field than you should go for NIFT.
As per your description you are interested and passionate about engineering than its good to apply for JEE main .
23rd July 2017, 01:55 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I take a year leave after 12th to join IIT or get admission in NIFT?

If you are interested in engineering and wanted to pursue this course then I will suggest you not take admission in NIFT.
Let me remind you that IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) is among India's one of the toughest entrance examination, so to crack IIT you need to make yourself prepare well.
So, you are advised to take a one year leave for the preparation IIT entrance test and give your 100% to crack the test and grab a seat to pursue engineering course.
24th July 2017, 12:37 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, if your desire is to opt for Engineering course, then you can definitely wait for a year in order to qualify in the examination to pursue Engineering course. If you have that positivity inside you that you can crack the examination if you prepare yourself in a year, then you must take a gap and prepare for the IIT examination. Otherwise it is well and good if you go with NIFT as you have qualified in it this year only. It all depends upon you and your decision towards your career.
24th July 2017, 08:14 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in NIFT and IIT also expect to score well in future examination by better preparation then you must wait one year for preparation and take one more chance.

But, next year you will have the last attempt to appear for JEE Advanced stage. For NIFT examination you have to qualify in examination conducted by NIFT.
25th July 2017, 05:44 PM
kalpanakamble

If you want to get admission for engineering then you will take one year gap and preparation for exam get good score of that exam after get admission you can also check here for more about the jee exams
31st July 2017, 01:38 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have just given my IIT and B.F.Tech papers along with class 12th board exams. I have qualified NIFT but didn't expect good marks in JEE main. So, should I leave one year or go for admission in NIFT? But the important thing is, I wanted to pursue engineering.

Candidate as you applied for JEE exam if you got cleared then you are allowed to join IIT but unfortunately if you are not allowed to clear exam then you also join NIFT.Here below are some details regarding the NIFT:-

>> NIFT(National Institute of Fashion Technology) is a the leading institute of fashion technology. NIFT conduct a entrance exam every year in the month of February for admission of new candidates.

GRADUATE PROGRAM OFFERED BY NIFT:-

1). Master of Design.

2). Bachelor of Fashion Technology.

3). Master of Fashion Management.

4). Master of Fashion Technology.

5). Bachelor of Design.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR NIFT EXAM:-

>> DATE OF NOTIFICATION RELEASE:- Nov 2018.

>> DATE OF ONLINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM:- Jan 2019.

>> DATE OF AVAILABILITY OF ADMIT CARD:- Jan 2019.

>> DATE OF EXAM:- Feb 2019.

>> DATE OF RESULT:- Apr 2019.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?