13th July 2017, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in NIFT through lateral entry

Hi, I am in class 12th now and I will join NIFT next year but can I do diploma now to get entry directly into NIFT second year in B.Des in fashion design and I live in Kolkata. So, where do I go to apply for diploma and how? Please reply quickly. It’s urgent.

14th July 2017, 10:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in NIFT through lateral entry

There is no lateral entry admission offered by NIFT to diploma holders. There is only one entrance exam for admission and that will give admission only in first year.

Hence, if you are seeking admission in NIFT, then you have to be content with first year admission because there isn't any lateral admission procedure.
15th July 2017, 12:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There is no provision to get admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology through lateral entry. Admission in fashion designing course is done through entrance examination conducted by NIFT.

Academic qualification for NIFT entrance exam:

Those who have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject can apply for NIFT entrance exam.
15th July 2017, 03:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Lateral Entry admission procedure is not applicable in case of National Institute of Fashion Technology. Three years or four years diploma recognized by AICTE is valid for admission in NIFT but they need to appear for NIFT entrance exam.

You can apply for NIFT entrance exam if you have done 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

To get more details about NIFT exam, Click Here .
15th July 2017, 05:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed diploma in engineering are eligible to get admission in 3rd semester of UG course in NIFT for B.Des or B.F.Tech.

The admission is on the basis of entrance test.

Candidates with science stream and diploma in engineering background can appear in examination for admission in B.Des or B.F.Tech.

So, you pursue diploma course and after that will be eligible for admission in fashion designing course.

For detail information visit at www.nift.ac.in.
15th July 2017, 09:33 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

For getting admission in NIFT a candidate must have diploma degree of 3to4 years by AICTE or a state board of technical education.

There is no any direct entry in NIFT . After diploma you have to give entrance exam for NIFT.
You can also apply directly after 12th.
For this you need to fill application form in the month October.
The exam will held in the month of February.

A candidate must be 12th passed with physics, chemistry and mathematics as the main subject in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?