2nd October 2017, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to study at NIFT?

I am in 10th class confused what to choose for in 11th. I want to do NIFT course after passing 12th so, tell me which stream is best for NIFT. And I am not good in math so, don’t want to choose PCM many of elder are telling to choose commerce.

2nd October 2017, 04:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is best to study at NIFT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 10th class confused what to choose for in 11th. I want to do NIFT course after passing 12th so, tell me which stream is best for NIFT. And I am not good in math so, don’t want to choose PCM many of elder are telling to choose commerce.

Eligibility to study Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) course at NIFT is a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board of education. For the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) course eligibility is a pass in 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board of education. Therefore, those students who want to study B.F.Tech course have to study PCM subjects in 10+2. NIFT conduct written entrance examination for the admission to the above courses. Students age should be less than 23 years for taking admission to the courses in NIFT. The NIFT website link is given Click Here
2nd October 2017, 04:46 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) offers the following courses which one can opt after completing 12th standard or its equivalent examination:
>B.Des.(Fashion Design)
>B.Des.(Leather Design)
>B.Des.(Accessory Design)
>B.Des.(Textile Design)
>B.Des.(Knitwear Design)
>B.Des.(Fashion Communication)
>B.FTech.(Apparel Production)
Eligibility for Bachelor programmes such as B.Des.(Fashion Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Textile Design/Knitwear Design/Fashion Communication):
>Candidates must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent in any discipline from any recognized board of education.
>Candidates who have completed 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or a State Board of Technical Education.
>Age of the candidates must not be more than 23 years as on 1st October, 2017. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for the candidates who belong from SC/ST/PHP categories.
Eligibility for Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production):
>Candidates must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board of education.
>Candidates who have completed 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or a State Board of Technical Education.
>Age of the candidates must not be more than 23 years as on 1st October, 2017.Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for the candidates who belong from SC/ST/PHP categories.
Since you are not interested in Mathematics as you are not good in that particular subject so Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech.) is not for you.
So you are left with the following courses B.Des.(Fashion Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Textile Design/Knitwear Design/Fashion Communication).
Let me inform you that all the above course are very good and posses equal future scope and job opportunities.Getting a good job depends on one's own personality, self confidence, practical and theoretical knowledge, etc.
So I would suggest you to opt for any stream in which you are interested the most.
2nd October 2017, 05:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NIFT ( National Institute of Fashion Technology ) is a pioneer institute for Fashion courses.

The institute offers various courses at undergraduate, post graduate etc.

The undergraduate course are B.Des and B.F.Tech. The eligibility to appear in examination for

B.Des - Candidate must have passed 12th from recognised board in any stream.

B.F.Tech - 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, if you want to get admission in B.Des you can pursue any stream in 12th but have to qualify in entrance test conducted by NIFT for admission.

For more information about NIFT visit at www.nift.ac.in.
2nd October 2017, 07:09 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

As you are in Xth and want to join NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) in future, then minimum qualification required to apply for NIFT is 10+2 from science stream from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

>> So after Xth you have to choose science stream for 10+2 and then apply for NIFT.

>> Age limit to apply for NIFT after 10+2 is 18 to 23 years, Relaxation of 5 years for reserve category candidates.

>> For more details please visit www.nift.ac.in.
2nd October 2017, 09:14 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you want to study at NIFT in future to set your career in the field of Fashion Designing. You can opt any of the stream in class 11th and 12th because there is no fixed stream required for admission under NIFT.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50 percent of marks in it are eligible to apply for the bachelors degree course at NIFT.
2nd October 2017, 10:12 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility requirements are:-

Candidate must have completed +2 in Science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Maths as well as English as compulsory subject from a recognized board.

Candidate age should be a maximum of 23 years.
Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent in +2.
2nd October 2017, 10:54 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

If you want to go for NIFT course, you can pursue your HS from any stream you like, there is no such boundation regarding stream selection in order to appear for the entrance test to get admission in the above mentioned course.

Therefore, you need not worry about the streams you wish to get into, just go for the stream you are good at or you feel you will do well and I am sure you will get into the course mentioned above and attain a good career ahead.
3rd October 2017, 12:43 AM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Generally you can select any stream as NIFT does not have any PCM marks requirements. I would recommend you to take up commerce as you would have a second career opportunity if not in fashion designing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?