22nd October 2016, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects I have to study to crack IAS exam?

I am in B.Com 1st semester right now. I want to appear for IAS exam, which subjects I will have to read for pass in this subject and how many examinations I'll have to face in this selection process. Please help me my name is Jitendra Kumar contact no.8434145003.

23rd October 2016, 11:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects I have to study to crack IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in B.Com 1st semester right now. I want to appear for IAS exam, which subjects I will have to read for pass in this subject and how many examinations I'll have to face in this selection process. Please help me my name is Jitendra Kumar contact no.8434145003.
After completion of B.Com degree, you are eligible for IAS exam. You can faced two written exam - Preliminary and Mains exam. You can choose commerce subject for optional paper.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
23rd October 2016, 04:57 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree or subject you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
23rd October 2016, 07:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview the candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

There is no any limitation on discipline of bachelor degree for the examination.

Candidates are eligible to select the optional paper for Mains examination other than discipline paper of bachelor degree.
23rd October 2016, 09:12 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

First of all you should know that to apply for IAS you must complete graduation and need to go through preliminary and main exams.If you clear then face interview.
You are studying commerce so concentrate on each subjects.Give more emphasis on Economics,Accountancy,Management and Tax. Once you complete graduation then join coaching class for the preparation of IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?