12th March 2012, 10:51 AM
cromi

Which subjects will be appropriate to crack IAS exam? I am B.Com computer application student

Sir, I am b.com (computer application) final year student. I want to know which subjects will be appropriate for me to crack an IAS exam.

5th July 2012, 09:29 PM
arpitbanaudha

Default Re: Which subjects will be appropriate to crack IAS exam? I am B.Com computer application student

dear friend,
in IAS exam mathematics is a scoring subject and history is also a good subject for crack IAS exam, so these subject are best for qualifing IAS exam.
best of luck
3rd September 2012, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects will be appropriate to crack IAS exam? I am B.Com computer application student

sir i am a studnt of ca cpt i am doing bcöm too i wantd to crack ias exam sugest me some subjects wich wil help me in this course
5th September 2012, 05:36 PM
div29

Dear friend,

As far as i know no subject is scoring or safe or unsafe.If you work hard all the optionals become scoring and safe.

you have to choose optional in which you are interested to study.you should not take because somebody is telling you that some subject is scoring.

just go through the syllabus and read the basic books so you can find out in which subjects you feel comfortable and in which you dont.

you also see whether that optional has sufficient study material to read or not.

the following is the list of optionals provided by the upsc:
1. Agriculture
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
3. Anthropology
4. Botany
5. Chemistry
6. Civil Engineering
7. Commerce and Accountancy
8. Economics
9. Electrical Engineering
10. Geography
11. Geology
12. History
13. Law
14. Management
15. Mathematics
16. Mechanical Engineering
17. Medical Science
18. Philosophy
19. Physics
20. Political Science and International
21. Relations
22. Psychology
23. Public Administration
24. Sociology
25. Statistics
26. Zoology
27. Literature of one of the following languages:
• Arabic, • Assamese,• Bodo• Bengali• Chinese• Dogri• English• French• German• Gujarati• Hindi• Kannada• Kashmiri• Konkani• Maithili• Malayalam• Manipur• Marathi• Nepali • Oriya
• Pali• Persian• Punjabi • Russian • Sanskrit • Santali • Sindhi• Tamil• Telugu• Urdu

Following combinations of subjects ARE NOT ALLOWED IN Civil services exam:–

(a) political Science & International Relations and Public Administration;
(b) commerce & Accountancy and Management;
(c) anthropology and Sociology;
(d) mathematics and Statistics;
(e) agriculture and Animal Husbandry &Veterinary Science.
(f) management and Public Administration;
(g) Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering–not more than one subject.
(h) animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.

choose as per interest after cosidering the above points.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?