23rd October 2015, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is better to choose for cracking IAS?

Actually i have completed my graduation in Arts field. Now i am doing MBA. So i want to know which subjects are best for me to crack IAS?

23rd October 2015, 10:27 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject is better to choose for cracking IAS?

There is no such specified subject for any candidate who wants to become Indian Administrative Services officer. The selection of subjects for the Civil Services exam should be totally done on the basis of candidate's own interest in that subject not on suggestions of others or seeing previous year trends.

So first read the subject for one or two week if you find interest in that subject, you can select the subject for the optional for mains exam of Civil Services exam. It would be better if you take the arts subject which you had studied in graduation for the mains optional.
23rd October 2015, 11:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS officer the candidates have to qualify in the civil services examination.

Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year and it is one of the toughest examination. To get the final recruitment the candidates have to qualify in all the three stages of the examination.

Since there is no limitation on the discipline of the graduation and selection of the optional paper for the examination you can select the optional as any paper in which you have good knowledge and interest.

The examination must requires hard as well as the smart preparation to qualify. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
24th October 2015, 12:27 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts the civil service examination every year and it is the common entrance examination conducted for the recruitment as IAS,IPS, IFS etc..

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years.

Since there is no limitation on the aggregate, discipline and selection of the optional paper you can select any of the paper. But it is necessary to be careful while opting for the optional paper as every year large number of candidates misses due to wrong selection.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
24th October 2015, 12:31 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The subject's selection depends upon your interest. Some of the best subjects for the Civil Services examination are given as below, you can select any one of them:

1. Political science and International relations.

2. History.

3. Sociology.

4. English.

5. Geography.

6. Economics.
24th October 2015, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I am sbi clerk and b.com graduate and no idea about how to prepare for IAS give me some idea ......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?