20th June 2017, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

What to choose, if my English is poor but I love math?

I am a student of Hindi medium. So, my English is not so good and I like and love math, but my chemistry is weak. So, I am confused what I should choose. My family told commerce but I don't like please help me. Harry

21st June 2017, 03:19 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: What to choose, if my English is poor but I love math?

If you are good at Mathematics, you can go for mathematics honors, i.e. B.Sc(Mathematics) from a recognized university.

You will have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the prospective institute and after clearing the examination, you can get admission in the course and carry on with your studies further.
21st June 2017, 02:15 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

After completion of Class 10th, you have 3 streams to choose among Humanities, Science and Commerce.All these streams are good in their own and have their own specialization and career opportunities.It's all depends upon your interest that in which stream you want to continue your higher studies.
To pursue your higher studies in any of these streams, you should be good in English.
English is mandatory these days in any field, so you are advised to take coaching/tuition for English and try to focus more on it.
If you are weak in Chemistry then opting for Science would be a bit difficult for you, then you can opt for either Commerce or Humanities stream.
22nd June 2017, 02:39 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to study Science stream, then just go for it, no matter your English is not that much good but you must have strong commands in Science subjects. If you are good in Science subjects and able to handle Science stream, then just go for Science. Or else, opt Commerce field.
22nd June 2017, 03:27 PM
Vaishali@1998

It is not the topic of so much worry that you are a Hindi medium student. English is not so much important to learn science and maths. But we should know some basics. In early time you should feel it is difficult but till your 12 class you should feel like other English medium students. But you need to do hardwork. Maths is your strength so you should not neglect your strength for your weakness that you feel is chemistry. If your physics is also good like maths you should opt for non medical means science. Chemistry is very easy subject. Everyone can easily score good marks in it. You just need to give a little focus on it. In my opinion you just need to do hardwork and you can score good marks in non medical.
22nd June 2017, 05:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of Hindi medium. So, my English is not so good and I like and love math, but my chemistry is weak. So, I am confused what I should choose. My family told commerce but I don't like please help me. Harry

You can choose any group in which you have interest. You can improve English while you study 10+2 and graduation. You can choose arts or PCM or PCB or commerce group in 10+2. English can be improved, so do not worry about the English. You can improve English through private tuitions and classes. Marks scored in PCM or PCB or commerce, accounts and economics are mainly considered for admission to graduation courses. Therefore, being poor in English is not an issue to choose the course. You can choose any stream based on your ability, skill and interest.
23rd June 2017, 12:21 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To choose science as a stream you need to score a minimum of 60% in your matriculation and in the main subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology should be the strongest part of the student. You need to work hard to improve your chemistry also you need to join the best coaching class. You can also choose Commerce as your stream because this stream also has a huge career option like you can become a Chartered accountant, cost accountant, company secretary, etc.
23rd June 2017, 12:22 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can choose any one of the streams given here: PCB or PCM or Commerce or arts stream. English is an important subject to pursue your career. Therefore, you should improve your English by studying through coaching classes. You can improve your English skills during your studies itself. You should read simpler English story books, watching English movies with subtitles, English news channels, speaking it with your friends and relatives. It is very difficult to pursue your career in any field without English skill.
23rd June 2017, 03:55 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

See, you don't have to worry about English as it is not mandatory to be good to study Mathematics.

Yes, your Chemistry should be at least satisfactory as you have to study Physics and Chemistry along with Maths.

Chemistry can be commanded with time but I strongly recommend you not to go for commerce just for the sake of English if you love mathematics as you have said.

This is my advice to you, the last decision will be yours obviously.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?