26th January 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

What type pf graduation i need to do to become an IPS?

I am in 11th in science and want to become an IPS in future. So can you please tell me what type of graduation i need to study for achieving my target. Please help me.

26th January 2016, 06:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type pf graduation i need to do to become an IPS?

You can opt for any course in Graduation even if you are interested to become an IPS officer. Since, you are pursuing 11th standard in Science stream, you can pursue your higher studies in Bachelor's degree courses like B.E/B.Tech or any other course in which you are interested. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you must have to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
26th January 2016, 07:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are willing to join Indian Police Services (IPS), I suggest you to first know the eligibility criteria required for IPS Examination. So make sure you meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria in order to join IPS. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining in IPS is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline. Since any discipline is accepted, I suggest you to go for any Graduation you are much interested in. As you are studying 11th Class in Science stream, the course options available for you are Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology. So I suggest you to draw your achievements and Goals first so as to choose the best suitable course. As far as my knowledge is concerned, B.A/ B.E are the best courses which can be done after 12th Science and you can easily appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
26th January 2016, 07:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer which is one of the highest post in the administrative field you will have to clear Civil Services Examination.

Civil Services Examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission once every year. Also the examination includes three stages which are respectively known as Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview.

--> For appearing in the same examination the minimum qualification which you must have are as below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category as age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course with any subject of your choice from a recognized university. Students final year of same degree course are also eligible.

So being a student of Class 11th with Science stream you should not worry for subject of your graduation course as every graduate person are eligible. So you must go for the subject which suits your strength and interest.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.goc.in or www.upscexam.com.
26th January 2016, 10:14 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after graduation degree, there is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of graduation degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final selection.

For more information about examination and it's syllabus visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
26th January 2016, 10:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 11th in science and want to become an IPS in future. So can you please tell me what type of graduation i need to study for achieving my target. Please help me.

Well, any stream candidates are eligible to apply for IPS exam. You need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service exam conducted by the UPSC in order to become an IPS officer. Graduates from recognized university can apply for the IPS entrance exam. Minimum age limit to attend this exam is 21 years. The maximum age limit for this is 32 years. Age relaxation is given for reserving category candidates. Candidates should be physically fit so as to apply for this exam.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
26th January 2016, 10:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for IPS is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any of the stream from a recognized university/ institute.

After completion of class 12 in science stream, you can pursue either B.E/ B.Tech in any of the stream.
26th January 2016, 11:24 PM
kantraman

The basic qualification for IPS exam is graduation in stream with 55% marks.If you have any graduation degree then you may appear in IPS exam and become IPS officer in india.
26th January 2016, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can do graduation degree in any stream to become a IPS officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 5 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 9 attempts
For ST/SC category:- Unlimited

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?